New to the Site

Options
Hello Everyone! My name is Renee and I will be using my fitness pal and weight watchers. This site will help me keep my sodium, sugar and carbs in check.

I have been overweight all of my life and I am just sick of it. Sick of not trying hard enough, sick of giving up, a just plain tired of being sick & tired! My back is against the wall. My health is involved and it is scaring me. I am on high blood pressure meds, my cholestrol is high and my sugar is elevated I am angry and have been crying a lot over the past two weeks all due to financial and weight stress. Something has to give. This is no longer an option for me, I MUST DO THIS! I must do something and learn some self control. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Replies

• NVclark465
    NVclark465 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello Renee,

Welcome to MFP! I'm new to this site too and feel that we can keep each other motivated! Feel free to add me if you want. Be proud of yourself for knowing what you need and working towards that goal. : ) Good luck to you!
  • mikka050
    mikka050 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi Renee! It's definitely a step in the right direction. MFP really helps and I find it much better than WW :)

I joined here in January but only really got started a few weeks ago.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. Rachael Xx
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! There are a lot of great people on here. Be careful though, it's a very addicting site!
  • sherise1214
    sherise1214 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome, it's a great start!
  • LindaS2012
    Options
    Hi Renee, it sounds like your off to a great start! I have type 2 diabetes along with high blood pressure and cholesterol and quite a bit of extra weight on top of all that, so I understand the struggles you are going through. Please feel to add me as a friend.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! You CAN do this. Just be true to yourself and log EVERYTHING! These posts offer a great deal of insight. You got this! :-)