who and why

Options
Howdy folks,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
Joshua
MyFitnessPal Forum Staff

Replies

• tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Two things I do not talk about online or even in public, cult ‘religions’ and politics. You’d brought both in to the same post. Nope not going there.
  • rsdisney
    rsdisney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm with you....my whole family is voting Mitt.
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    Two things I do not talk about online or even in public, cult ‘religions’ and politics. You’d brought both in to the same post. Nope not going there.

Cult "religions"

you are either blissfully ignorant of what my church teaches or you're just an idiot who assumes they know best. :)

but hey....we're not going there.
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    I'm with you....my whole family is voting Mitt.

glad to hear it! :)
  • HidingFromMyShadow
    HidingFromMyShadow Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What does this topic have to do with motivation or support with respect to weight loss and getting fit?
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    nope - not going there - first Im Canadian and not voting either one...lol - second I was always taught that the 3 things you NEVER discuss in public are
    1 - religion
    2 - politics
    3 - abortion

so - nope not going there - however if I did vote in the US I would not vote for Romney - and it has nothing to do with his religious beliefs - I just think he's a slimy sleeze and think he'd be worse than your GW Bush was.
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    What does this topic have to do with motivation or support with respect to weight loss and getting fit?

i suppose nothing. but its a chat forum and i wondered people's thoughts. you dont have to read it or respond to it if you dont want to.
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm voting for Mitt. Why? Because he is not Obama!!
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    nope - not going there - first Im Canadian and not voting either one...lol - second I was always taught that the 3 things you NEVER discuss in public are
    1 - religion
    2 - politics
    3 - abortion

so - nope not going there - however if I did vote in the US I would not vote for Romney - and it has nothing to do with his religious beliefs - I just think he's a slimy sleeze and think he'd be worse than your GW Bush was.

to each their own.
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    I'm voting for Mitt. Why? Because he is not Obama!!

"like" :)
  • HidingFromMyShadow
    HidingFromMyShadow Posts: 11 Member
    Options

i suppose nothing. but its a chat forum and i wondered people's thoughts. you dont have to read it or respond to it if you dont want to.

It's a chat forum dedicated to motivation and support for weight loss and getting fit. There are other boards for politics all over the internet. This is coming from someone who LOVES politics. I find this thread to be highly inappropriate for this particular forum.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options

Cult "religions"

you are either blissfully ignorant of what my church teaches or you're just an idiot who assumes they know best. :)

I'm neither thank you very much. From your post everyone can see you feel free to defame others, but don't like the same rules applied to you and yours, which I have to say is typical of a bigot.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

Wow, that was completely rude. I agree with you, I'm not going to get into either a political discussion or a religious discussion on this website. However, by making your comment "cult 'religions'", you did in fact discuss religion in on this website, and made yourself perfectly clear. Either state an opinion or don't. Don't pretend you are not stating one, while stating one.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Politics and religion are two subjects one ought not discuss with casual acquaintances.
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options

Cult "religions"

I'm neither thank you very much. From your post everyone can see you feel free to defame others, but don't like the same rules applied to you and yours, which I have to say is typical of a bigot.

oooh. let's name call!

how.....expected.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    1 - religion
    2 - politics
    3 - abortion

Despite saying that you don't talk about politics, you had a lot to say about politics. So, since you are talking about politics, I have to know, from a Canadian's perspective, what was wrong with Bush?
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    Politics and religion are two subjects one ought not discuss with casual acquaintances.

probably would've been the smart thing to do.

I'm asking for people to be rude, I guess. though I have to admit.....I'll never EVER understand why people get to haughty-taughty and straight up rude when it comes to politics. you may not like my opinion, I may not like yours, but really? the name calling and the "neener neener neener, my politician is better than yoooourrrs!" is just ridiculous.

although, while we're at it...."my" politician is actually better than yours. HA.

im kidding. :) sort of.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You wrote the post. You can delete it if drama wasn't your goal. Life is all about choices.
  • Kookie215
    Kookie215 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Cult "religions"

cult-/kəlt/
    Noun:
    A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure (God) or object.

re·li·gion/riˈlijən/
    Noun:
    The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

Sound the same to me..i don't see the ignorance in that

But me personally i'm voting Obama because 1. I never think religion should have anything to do with the politics of this country and he's made it clear that a few of his stances are based on religion 2. I truly believe Obama is trying to help the country and not line his pockets. It didnt take just 4 years for the country to get in this shape, and i dont expect it will take that long to get it out. 2. Nearly everything about Mitt Romney is against everything i believe in
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options

Just so you know, there's actually a 'chit-chat, fun, and games' board for this sort of topic. The 'motivation and support' board is generally for motivation and support about fitness and health related things.
This discussion has been closed.