HOPE

Options
Hello My name is Amber. I'm new to the site and thought I would share a little about my story. I've been over weight my whole life. I was always the biggest girl in the class. I didn't really start gaining until High school. And when I say gain I mean GAIN. I have also had two children back to back, that sure didn't help my weight situation. I got so tired of being fat and having no energy that last year I had Gastric Bypass. June 20, 2011 to be exact. I have lost over 120lbs so far. I went from 260 on the day of surgery to 144. I'm 9lbs away from my goal weight. The last year has not been easy for me. I know some people think that weightloss surgery is the easy way out. Well let me explain something it's far from easy. The struggles are endless. I still struggle with my weight, and the food that i put in my mouth, so I'm here to find support and give support. Thanks for Reading!

I've posted a before and after pic!

Before
2qaijxw.jpg
w22afb.jpg

After
au8bqh.jpg
2iktylc.jpg
311nfj6.jpg

Replies

• MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible! You look so much happier. Great job!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wowzer!!!! You look amazing! What an inspiration! Thanks for posting! :flowerforyou:
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so great! You don't even look like the same person. Great work!

I agree that the surgery is NOT the easy way out. One of my good friends had the surgery in January and it's been a rough road for him. He looks amazing already but it's tough work.
  • 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options
    you look beautiful - well done :flowerforyou:
  • fhsjewfro
    fhsjewfro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    wow you look great! But the fight doesnt stop once you reach your goal weight, i am a strong believer that the hardest part is not losing the weight, the hardest part is keeping the weight off!! Please keep that in mind and you will do great!!
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Fantastic success! And no one should criticize you for doing what was right for YOU. I know what you mean, too; eating right gets easier, but it's still a struggle. Always a choice!
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    WOW!!!! Phenomenal difference. You look so much younger. If surgery is what you had to do for yourself, don't feel guilty. Either way, it's hard work. Congratulations!! :smile:
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I love you, Amber! You know i'm always here for you!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    oh, and welcome to the MFP family!
  • amberfreund831
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to meeting new people and i hope to gain more knowledge about keeping the weight off!
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    congrats amber..keep up the good story

continued success
  • flpmomi
    flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would never even had know that was you in the before pictures. You look amazing now. And by no means is the Gastric Bypass an easy way out. That is a life changing procedure that you have to stick with everyday of your life and maintain a certian lifestyle. Kudos to you for having the courage to get it done and stick with it. You GO GIRL!!!
  • amberfreund831
    Options
    Thank you so much flpmomi. Gastric bypass was a hard decision. I backed out twice before I actually had the surgery because I was scared that I wouldn't be able to follow the rules. At the end of the day I'm so glad that I did it!
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • amberfreund831
    Options
    Thanks Chelsrf!
  • klenk97
    klenk97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow you look great! But the fight doesnt stop once you reach your goal weight, i am a strong believer that the hardest part is not losing the weight, the hardest part is keeping the weight off!! Please keep that in mind and you will do great!!

Great Post from this guy! Its all about your habits not just your weight as you habits will reflect you weight!!! Good Luck!
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Just in case you are interested, there is a Gastric Bypass / Lapband group here on MFP. Please feel free to join us. It is very supportive and we sure could use your experience!!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Gorgeous! And, you look healthier, happier and younger!
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    damn nice tv
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you start working out and eating right. I've heard of people who have had that surgery and gained all their weight back because they continued their old habits. Good luck to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!