Curious! What motivates you more?

Options
2»

Replies

• sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    all of the above. Right now I'm pretty much motivated every second of the day. I'm motivated when I step on the scale, I'm motivated when I put something on and it is too big, I'm motivated when someone tells me they notice my weight loss, I'm motivated every time I make an obvious choice to not eat something/eat less of something/or choose a healthier option. I'm motivated every time I do an extra push up, last a little longer running, get less winded doing cardio, etc. I'm just full of the motivation right now :)
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Clothing for sure! I was a tight 28 shirt and pants and I am down to an 18-20 or 22-24 shirt (depending on the brand)
    and a 22 pants.

Way to go... I started at a 30/32 and am now a 26/28 hoping to get to my 22/24's by christmas!!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mirror...the scale is just a way for me to get pissed off to be able to train harder.
  • jaysayres
    Options
    Its both. Seeing the numbers go down on the scale means I'm on track but it also feels nice to move in another belt notch every couple weeks as well.
  • mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Definitely my clothes, i like the number too, but how i look in my clothes now makes a huge difference for me.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    The mirror.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Definitely having the clothes fit or get too big. Although I can notice a difference in the mirror, I still tend to see what's still there. When I put on my clothes, I REALLY see the difference!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Physical changes I see but mostly feel when I exercise- being able to go on hikes and bike rides that would have been impossible for me six months ago.

I'm still get hung up over the number on the scale though- I'd be lying if I said otherwise.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    1. Jeans fitting bigger 2. Scale 3. Mirror. In that order.
    I'm not good with seeing change in the mirror. The scale fluctuates for different reasons, so definitely feeling that my clothes are fitting bigger is the most motivating/rewarding,.
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Actually seeing results when comparing with before pictures :) Awesome feeling of proudness
  • MarshallCroft
    Options
    The physical changes I see in the mirror, definitely. Those changes tell me the closer I get to reaching MY goals, the closer the trip to my tailor!!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The mirror AND the scale. love watching the numbers go down.
  • nelsoji
    nelsoji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    scale first, but some mirror. I have definitely started seeing definition in my arms which makes me push to spend more time in the gym, then I see the numbers go down, and it motivates me to run more to help that also. Clothes is nice - but that just pisses me off knowing I have to go out shopping for new ones - haha
  • JolieJemmaMomma
    JolieJemmaMomma Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Puttiing on pants and them looking ridiculously big :)
  • ashleyminus30
    ashleyminus30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The mirror. I know I have a goal weight in mind, but it doesn't even compare to the feeling of looking at yourself with a smaller tummy. The scale brings me down if it doesn't move as much as I think it should.
  • LesleLu4
    LesleLu4 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am definately a numbers person... the scale matters more to me than it should probably sometimes.. :ohwell:
  • c_smith_0789
    Options
    Scale... as of right now. I cant tell a whole lot in the mirror. But i def like to see the number drop and the fact that my work clothes are too big even though i just bought them a month ago... well thats good and bad.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Kicking someone's *kitten* in the gym or on the bike that once kicked mine... that is MY motivation and I hunger for it!!
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    Usually the scale, because it takes way too long for me to start to see changes in the mirror. But the fit of clothes is also very encouraging for me!