Calling all help..... please chime in

Options
For the last several years I have not been able to get out and enjoy the beautiful city due to chronic aching feet and knees. (leaving my workouts to the indoors) I live very near a beautiful greenbelt. It seriously bums me out and now that it is dangerously close to fall and going to finally cool off here in Arizona....I need to gear up!!

Here is what I need:

1. Suggestions for shoes that have a lot of support for a high arch and plenty of cushion for speed walking and jogging
2. A heart Rate Monitor that is easy to use but efficient and functional.

Thanks for any input.

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Go to the New Balance store. I know there is at least 1 in Scottsdale.
    Let them help you with the shoes.

If you have a smart phone, the Digifit app is great. You'll need an appropriate HRM strap/sensor, depending on what kind of phone you have.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and get them to fit you for shoes. It is so worth it. I really like my Polar FT7 HRM. There are lots of good options out there though.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    honestly if its that serious get fitted for custom insoles. you can buy the best shoes on the market but most of them lack the specific support your food needs. i put insoles in all of my shoes now and it makes a HUGE difference especially with my hips/back/runner knee issues.
  • Terriann7
    Options
    Thanks Steve, I will check out the NB store. I did not realize we had one.
  • Terriann7
    Options
    Go to a running store and get them to fit you for shoes. It is so worth it. I really like my Polar FT7 HRM. There are lots of good options out there though.

Thanks Mindy, I know you are a pro. ;) I will check out my options.