Vitamins

Options
I want to make sure that I'm getting the right balance of nutrients, especially now that I'm eating fewer calories each day. Right now I am taking a One-A-Day multivitamin, calcium supplements, and Omega-3 each day. Any ideas of other vitamins or supplements that you've found helpful?

Replies

• marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I take centrum daily multi-vitamin, calcium, an omega 3, 6 & 9 (i have a bad back and these help a lot)....I also take chelated magnesium. i double up 10 days before "tom" and it helps so much with headaches and cravings! My OB told me to do that! :D
  • jessiekins123
    Options
    Interesting idea! I hadn't heard of doing that.
  • lelupa1
    lelupa1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Roflmao...never heard it called "Tom".
  • jessiekins123
    Options
    Bump
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    I want to make sure that I'm getting the right balance of nutrients, especially now that I'm eating fewer calories each day. Right now I am taking a One-A-Day multivitamin, calcium supplements, and Omega-3 each day. Any ideas of other vitamins or supplements that you've found helpful?

So how do you know you are missing nutrients in your daily consumption of food?

Understand I am coming from a “raw fruits and vegetables is the answer” perspective so when talking about vitamins and supplements I simply ask where is the research. Where is the independent 3rd party clinical research studies published in peer reviewed journals on the product as a whole? I am not saying they all DO NOT work but I am saying many of them DO NOT and some have actually been found to be harmful to your health. So do very thorough research.

For me it is simply trying my best to eat 80% raw fruits and vegetables every day. I fill in the gaps by taking Juice Plus+ which is simply more raw fruits and veggies!