The First To Go

Options
Hey Ladies & Gents!

I'd like to ask, what was the first to go?
Was it your butt? Was it your boobs? Was it the weight in your face, or the extra pounds in your belly? What was the first to slide off of you, when you started your journey? Where did it come off from first/fastest?

I'm 10lbs lost now, about 65-75 more to go, and (check my photos please to understand what I'm talking about) the majority of my weight sits in approx 2-3 places. My face, a LOT, my stomach, and my thighs. I have NO *kitten*, relatively small arms, and NO boobs, so I'm trying to wonder where the weight will leave first, and how much is going to go!

If by 150, what should I look like?(I have virtual weight loss models on my page, a few actually in the photos) and they don't really accurately depict anything, because they assume with your weight, you have a big *kitten* and big boobs, which, I don't, I'm odd like that. Anyone else have this issue?

So! What's the first to go!?

:) Jess <3

127950.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Derm94
    Derm94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good question. Congrats on your 10 lbs!
    I have lost 20 lbs so far and it took me losing about 18 before anyone even noticed. However, now just about everyone I see says "OMG, you've lost weight?!" I notice it in my face big time. Then my neck and ribcage. I totally lose from the top down with my butt and thighs to be the last to go. I have a huge chest and am breastfeeding on top of it so I know these boobies aren't going anywhere. I guess that's a good thing because they make my waist look smaller. When I am at my heaviest it is not a good thing as it just makes me look round all over.
    Best of luck on your journey!
    Jennifer
  • kera_c
    kera_c Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey Jess, so far I've been told that my face looks thinner and have noticed that my tummy is starting to shrink a tiny bit (still got a long way to go and think what I have lost from tummy is water weight, but hey it's still getting smaller!!) for me I think my thighs are gonna be the last place the weight drops off of and is going to be hard work to shift - hope that helps :)
  • sparklepants
    sparklepants Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My top half always goes first, it's so annoying because Once I'm happy with my top half I want to stop because I look too thin in the face if I carry on! But I just never seem to be able to shift the tum and thighs....
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I am the same way as you. It seems to me that the first thing to go was what little bit of butt, legs and boobs I had. Then slowly my stomach, face, arms, and back started to go. It seems to me the areas you really don't need to lose much in are the first to go.
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. clothing companies always assume that if you're bigger, that your hips and butt are huge but you still have a narrow stomach. my stomach has always been larger around than my hips. classic apple build. i wish i had a bigger butt and hips so that my pants would actually have something to hold them up! instead, they're always falling down.

anyway, first to go were my boobs. i went from a C to a B, but i think they look more shapely now. second was my belly. i've lost like 2 inches on my waist and only 1 inch on my hips, which is good. i don't want my hips or butt to get much smaller. for the first time in my life my body is the right proportions, with my butt and hips actually being larger than my stomach.

if you're a classic apple build, i think you can expect your stomach to go first, that's where all the extra "junk" is being stored (if only it would go to my "trunk"!).
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your pictures and we have the exact same body type. don't worry. you don't have much extra on your butt, hips or legs so there's not much there to actually lose. you'll see that belly shrinking in no time. and you'll gradually notice it in your arms to. i started to see it there at about 15 pounds down.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 60 pounds since my all time high. I find that I tend to lose in a sort of overall way, I mean that I don't notice any one area getting smaller at a faster rate than any other area.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Well, I first noticed my face (cheeks) have gone down in the past two weeks.

and a little bit in my love handle area.