Why does so much stuff have

Options
2»

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Try being allergic to corn and the products it made with. I have to read every label!!!! Thank you US for a tariff on cane sugar so they had to come up with other sugars to put into things.

and corn subsidies. partially or mostly responsible for the myth that 'fat makes you fat' resulting in a myriad of low fat fad diets that are still alive and kicking today.
  • Beee_B
    Beee_B Posts: 24
    Options
    Vegtables, fruits, lean meats, and real 100% whole wheat products. This is the way.

All preservative free and natural.

I only realized this about 4 weeks ago. Better late than never huh?

Me too! Definitely it's better late than never I think sweetie x
  • Beee_B
    Beee_B Posts: 24
    Options
    Try being allergic to corn and the products it made with. I have to read every label!!!! Thank you US for a tariff on cane sugar so they had to come up with other sugars to put into things.

and corn subsidies. partially or mostly responsible for the myth that 'fat makes you fat' resulting in a myriad of low fat fad diets that are still alive and kicking today.

In the UK, Rosemary Conley... uggggh!
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Actually, low fat diets are a product of Ancel Keyes being a lazy researcher who wanted his results to match his hypothesis. he only included statistics from 7 of 22 countries in his paper that was the base for the revolution of nutrition in this country. oops.

I also find there is more hidden soy and wheat in our food supply than corn, but between the three, they are killing us all better than anything else.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Actually, low fat diets are a product of Ancel Keyes being a lazy researcher who wanted his results to match his hypothesis. he only included statistics from 7 of 22 countries in his paper that was the base for the revolution of nutrition in this country. oops.

I also find there is more hidden soy and wheat in our food supply than corn, but between the three, they are killing us all better than anything else.

THIS ^^

Ancel Keyes and the Lipid Hypothesis have brought ruin to most Western countries, first being the United States. Once his "research" was brought mainstream by a US Senator (Typical overbearing, want to control everyone, liberal senator by the way....) it's all been downhill since. America has gotten fatter, more unhealthy and worse off than we have ever been because of his war on fat and by extension, meat.

Anytime government gets involved you can be assured that something is amiss, and the fact that they push "heart healthy whole grains" on you at every turn, above and beyond just about any other food makes me realize that I probably shouldn't be eating them at all.
  • DrJeep
    DrJeep Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Vegtables, fruits, lean meats, and real 100% whole wheat products. This is the way.

All preservative free and natural.

How do you know what are "real 100% whole wheat products?"

You ask, you find a baker or a produce store you trust.

For me, the halal butcher/turkish vegetable store around the corner became the main store where I do my shopping.

Genuine lean meat, fresh chicken and beef. Fresh vegetables and fruits.

I think I only go to the supermarket for things like toiletpaper and shampoo, but no longer for food.
  • tblgirl04
    tblgirl04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Everything needs to stop being so processed and complicated....Simple as that, right ;)?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Everything needs to stop being so processed and complicated....Simple as that, right ;)?
    Much of the processing and complication is to give it a shelf life and taste acceptable to modern consumer society.

If you're going to walk down to the Boulangerie every morning for delicious bread that you can use as a club by nightfall that's fine, but if you're going to shop once or twice a week you may want something more appropriate.