Blew it this week....

Options
I did so good Monday and Tuesday. I ate right and exercised both nights. But then Wednesday came and I had a big arguement with my husband (who by the way hasn't talked to me since then) and now I can seem to get back on track. All I want to do is eat (I'm a stress eater). :cry:

Replies

• ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain because I too am a stress eater! This week has been difficult for me too and instead of eating, I have tried busy work around the house, cleaning out a random junk drawer, organizing something I have put off. It is very hard to change the stress eating but if you keep a little busy maybe it will not allow for the stress eating. Good luck and hope you have a better day.
  • hunnie28k
    Options
    I've been there so I know how that is. Try some relaxing activity such as some light yoga to help you relax, visualize, and get back on track. Sometimes when you are upset, it just helps to breathe. Don't give up!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I am geared that way too. :grumble: I keep telling myself that I can't control anyone or anything else but I CAN control what I put into my mouth. :flowerforyou: We have to figure we are only punishing ourselves - no one else. Keep the head up and don't let your emotions win over your health. You're doing great! - Keep the focus!!! :drinker:
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    I did so good Monday and Tuesday. I ate right and exercised both nights. But then Wednesday came and I had a big arguement with my husband (who by the way hasn't talked to me since then) and now I can seem to get back on track. All I want to do is eat (I'm a stress eater). :cry:

Sorry about your week. Instead of looking at it like a whole week, look at individual days.

When you want something that you shouldn't have drink a large glass of water then wait 5-10 min. By then you will have forgot about it, if not then just have a bite then throw the rest away.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    im so sorry...i apologize to you for men being turds (some times ) i had a similar event on wed this week...weird....

i hate those arguments....if you are married, you will have them...i have been married 31 years and it doesnt get better...

know you are not hurting him, you are hurting yourself....you be the winner!!!!!! go to the gym..go on a walk....

i found that i need to keep cheating food around and ready...i keep small portions of steak..chicken...shrimp...and when i have one of those moments, i eat those...you get something to eat but not doughnuts or other bad stuff...

talk to someone you love...family...or friend....get them to say a little prayer for you..it works..

good luck to you..and if i can ever help..let me know..

bill
  • rlinson
    rlinson Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the tough week. Just a thought - exercise will help reduce your stress, so if you can manage to get back into it, it may help you feel less stressed and therefore less eating. Hope you have a better weekend.
  • rlinson
    rlinson Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the tough week. Just a thought - exercise will help reduce your stress, so if you can manage to get back into it, it may help you feel less stressed and therefore less eating. Hope you have a better weekend.
  • LCreutz
    LCreutz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling..this week I ran out of oil so not hot water or heat, dryer broke twice and there was a computer virus that affect all 7 of our computers...take a deep breath and tomorrow is a new day!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I am hoping that tomorrow will be a bright new day. I am taking my son to sign up for T-Ball and then I am thinking that him and I might go to the park. This will help me get some exercise in and it will help me concentrate on something else.