Ever try logging your entire day in the morning

Options

Replies

• MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    The best way for me to stick within my calories is to log most of it in advance.

Tonight I have already logged my breakfast, lunch & dinner for tomorrow.
    This helps me because I've planned ahead my meals and I know what I have left for any snacks, drinks or treats x
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My days are mostly pre-planned with the exceptions of dinner..

SO I log all my food in take up until dinner.. if something changes I just go back and make an edit :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I like to pre-log. I do well with it. But our living situation at the moment makes it difficult. I can't wait to get back to where I can pre-log my days!
  • mvasallo
    mvasallo Posts: 57
    Options
    On days that I find myself having immense cravings for something sweet/salty or I know my family is going to order out but I don't want to eat that, then I plan my entire day. It helps me to plan ahead & knowing my calories for the day then I can allot for a small treat, or taste of something. Works for me!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm very much a planner and I log my entire day in the mornings so I know ahead of time what I'm going to eat and when I'm going to eat it.
  • sillab
    sillab Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My days are mostly pre-planned with the exceptions of dinner..

SO I log all my food in take up until dinner.. if something changes I just go back and make an edit :)

This is what I do as well, when I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks they all get logged and then dinner after I eat it.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't log a whole day at a time, but I often log dinner ahead of time, so that I have an idea what I am planning to eat and in what quantities.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I always log my day in the morning. Sometimes, I leave some extra calories to play around with for dessert. But, most of my calories are logged before I leave the house and sometimes even the day before. That way, I don't have to stress about how many calories I have left for my next meal.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Every time I've tried that I ate something totally different! Lol that's good that it works for so many others though.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I log my entire week in advance and make adjustments as needed. Which is not very often to be honest.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I do best logging my day the night before. That way I at least have a starting plan. If something changes, I can adjust accordingly. This also helps avoid that dinner time stress of not knowing what to make and ending up getting fast food.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I log my whole day in the morning. If anything changes I can adjust it but I'm usually spot on. This works best for me but I'm sure others have different ways that work for them.

I'm the same way. I track everything the day before, actually, an pre-pack my meals. It works like a challenge for me to stay within there and figure out how much I can treat myself if I want something or have a change of plans.
  • geo1437
    geo1437 Posts: 38
    Options
    i log every morning as well. i find that it is easier to stay on track doing it that way
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time. Sometimes I plan for the next day. Sometimes I decide I want a cookie treat and enter it first and work around it. I mostly eat healthy but I eat just treats now and then to keep sane and I just decide I want it tomorrow and log it. And the best thing about it is I can change my mind and delete and add things. I also decide to have something and it makes it go over the calorie budge so I take something else off. It's all a balancing act. THIS TOOL IS GREAT FOR ALL THAT! :smile:
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Yes and it never works out the way I thought it would and I end up having to log at the end of the day anyway. So I just log as I go now.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I work 12.5 hour long shifts. I do count calories before I leave for work since I cant eat anything else that isnt in my lunch/dinner box.
    On days off, I count as I go.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    When I'm at work, I generally log it all ahead of time, because I have a computer there, but at home, I log as I eat because I have to do it by phone and my service sucks (that will soon be changing!!! Thank you Solvaei!!!!)
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great idea. I pre-log exercise as well. Then I feel bad if I don't do it :).
  • nmwhitney12
    nmwhitney12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to log in the morning! This helps me stick to what I have logged! If I need to change I can later but for the most part this works for me :)
  • Blmarlborough
    Options
    I usually pre-log my entire week, so I know my macro needs for the certain day (Ex. 50 carbs one day, 100-200 the next) It helps a lot so I can stay on track with what I'm eating and getting my body what it needs.