Jillian Michaels DVDS

Options
I went all out when I went to target today buying 3 Jillian Michaels dvd. I already had, and have been doing, 30 Day Shred. I bought today her "Killer buns and thighs", "kickbox fast fix", and "Yoga Meltdown". I wanted to know what everyone has of Jillians Dvds and what dvd works best for you?

Replies

• JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have Kickbox Fast Fix and Yoga Meltdown, but I havent used either yet :embarassed:
  • rooosje
    rooosje Posts: 18
    Options
    Today I triet the 30 Day Shred DVD and I must say that I'm really pleased with it and I'm looking forward to seeing the results :D
  • tereced
    tereced Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is really good
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    I just ordered my first workout DVD (Ripped in 30) and I am so nervous/scared/excited lol.. I hope it helps tone me up. I will then order "No More Trouble Zones" and maybe the Yoga one!
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    that kick box one sounds interesting i might look it up
  • Dimples1975
    Dimples1975 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just bought the 30 day shred and I started yesterday. It really gives you a workout. Looking fwd to end of those 30 days.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have and liked Ripped in 30 and Six week Six pack

Also bought shred it with weights, but have ot use a kettlebell or dumbell and i didn't love the moves in that one as much as the other two i have.
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred this week and it is HARD! I'm not that fit. I am really enjoying it though.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I enjoy working out with All Jillian Michaels' DVD's. My favorites are 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zone, Fast Kickbox, Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout, Extreme Shed and Shred, and Killer Buns and Thighs. I have some of the other ones but I don't use them as often. The Yoga Meltdown is my least favorite, but I do it because I need to stretch. You're going to enjoy the ones you purchased! Have FUN!!!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I brought 30 day shred but didn't realise it was only 3 routines. Beg, Int & Adv. I thought there were more variations on the DVD. Also I didn't think 20 min was enough for each workout so I ended up doing the same one twice.
  • patabcn
    patabcn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've got Yoga Meltdown and it gives you a good workout. Don't expect clean and precise yoga. She uses some asanas and does reps so you get your cardio. If you're new to yoga (like me) it can be fun and you really work out, specially if you do both YM 1 and 2, but if you want to learn yoga, this isn't the dvd for you.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred: I started with this one (Feb 2012), and I loved it. I lost 5 pounds (but I was a lot heavier then).
    Ripped in 30: I've done it 5-7 times, and I like it--the only reason I'm not following through is b/c I'm focusing on running. It's only 25ish minutes, and I definitely noticed muscle toning.
    Six Week Six Pack: Meh. Not as impressed, but I think that's just my preference.
    Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism: GREAT cardio--not strength training, just 45 minutes of cardio intervals. Production value could use something, but I liked it.

I like Jillian's style (especially the pyramid 3-2-1 thing), but I like to do 60-80 minutes/day, and that means I have to stack videos, which isn't all that fun, so generally I stick to the gym. Definitely checking out Shred It With Weights next though...just have to find a cheap kettlebell to start.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to JM and I have Ripped in 30, 30 Day Shred, 6 Week 6 Pack, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, and Yoga Meltdown. I do Yoga Meltdown most often because it doesn't make me feel like I'm going to die, but according to jillianmichaels.com burns the same number of calories as 30 Day Shred Level 1 for the same amount of time. No More Trouble Zones is my favorite, but it's very challenging.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options

Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism: GREAT cardio--not strength training, just 45 minutes of cardio intervals. Production value could use something, but I liked it.
    My disk skips after the first time through the second circuit and jumps to the fourth circuit. I have to skip back to the beginning of the second circuit to repeat the moves, then move to the fourth circuit and rewind it to the second time through the third circuit and do that twice so that I'm actually doing each move in the circuit twice the way that you're intended too. It's super annoying, so even though I like combining BFBM with TMTZ, I don't do BFBM very often because it's so frustrating.
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If u look in my photos under me I own every dvd Jilliian has put out. I even have her new one Killer abs coming out next week I'll be getting that n the mail next week. I do enjoy Body Rev cuz its 15 dvds and its a 3 mnth program
  • sprkkle
    sprkkle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian and have almost all her DVDs, the ones I like the most are Shred it with Weights, and 90day Revolution.
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have most of her DVDs. I love 30 Day Shred and Kickbox Fastfix! The Yoga one is ok.
    Probably should try Yoga again. I haven't used it in a couple of months.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have 30 DS, and Yoga Melt Down. Love them both. I just restarted 30DS today and oh boy. If you don't stay consistent- it hurts. lol

I also have Biggest Loser Cardio Max which has JM and Bob harper (& someone else) I LOVE IT.

I love all JM!

EDIT: I like Biggest Loser Yoga better than JM, although hers is good. It's longer and makes your muscles feel so good.
  • spiffany82
    spiffany82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been using her ripped in 30 and think its GREAT!! I had:smile: lost 25 and needed to change my routine. Now I am loosing inches! She is hard but do it every day like she says bc your going hurt that first couple of days. You will get used to it.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian. I have 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. I can never finish them because I get bored. I also have Kickbox Fastfix which I LOVE!! Soooo fun!! And also No More Trouble Zones...I love it as well!! I always see results with Jillian!! She will kick your butt!! :)