BIGGEST pet peeve

Options

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    People who don't wash their hands after going to the loo :frown:

See, I would totally say "Oops, you almost forgot to wash your hands!" with a big smile on my face. I'm a fan of the being super nice/pretending to be helpful when really I'm being *****y.
  • jeslyn2360
    Options
    People who are rude. A bad day doesn't excuse bad manners!
  • helenzback
    helenzback Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wobbly tables at cafe's or restaurants....
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    When someone says, "You've been doing really well with your diet!" Well, I know it has to do with the changes in my diet, but I am, in fact, not on a diet. I have simply quit eating 3-4k unnecessary calories a day. I have enjoyed my new found ability to tie my shoes without cutting off my breathing.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    turn signals....they're not just an accessory.

Accessory??? People act like it costs them real hard MONEY to use a turn signal... I will never understand it. I male friend of mine once told me it was a guy-thing... men don't want to let people know what they are planning. WTF??? Men? Plan? As if...
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Askhole - "A person who constantly asks for your advice, yet always does the opposite of what you told them."

HEY! Watch it, buddy - that's my husband you're talkin' about...
  • Mistila
    Mistila Posts: 38
    Options
    Ppl that have pet peeves lol:) really life is too short to get grouchy over things you have know control over be happy:)
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    People who eat loudly, leave crumbs in margarine/butter/spreads, and leaving dishes to soak in the sink for me to put in the dishwasher and me having to reach in the dirty gross water to pull them out.

^^^^This. Has been the source of more than a few "discussions" in our house.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is punctuation errors.
    My second pet peeve is ANYONE who walks their dog off a leash. It's not safe for you, for your dog, or for anyone else! I wouldn't let a child dash around with no supervision, so I wouldn't subject my dog to it either.
  • npaverico
    Options
    Writing an email, blog, status update etc as if you were texting.

Yes!!!!

I don't even text in text talk!! Everyone knows who it's from because I text in complete sentences!

Agreed!!!!
  • npaverico
    Options
    People without manners!
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    muscle weighs more than fat
    muscle is DENSER,
    last time i checked a llb of fat & a lb of muscle both weighed a lb
    a lb of feathers & a lb of rocks weigh the same
    theres just a hell of alot more feathers
    2nd grade math people

When people say that muscle weighs more than fat, they are looking at size of sample to weight of sample ratio as a whole. Since muscle is denser (you're right here), a square foot (random measurement for the sake of argument) of muscle weighs more than a square foot of fat. Technically, people saying muscle weighs more than fat are completely right (they never say a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat, that would in fact be a stupid statement, but the phrase is "muscle weighs more than fat" as you've appropriately quoted). Those who say that it is wrong, are incorrectly interpreting the phrase.
  • npaverico
    Options
    OOooooooooooooo I have a good one. When you are reflecting a previous conversation with the person you had the conversation with and they say, "I never said that". <
    My boyfriend does that. :grumble: :explode: :angry: And seriously I remember the conversation like it happened 5 minutes ago.
  • jacobsonmandy
    jacobsonmandy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    loud gum chewing or smoking in front of exits/entrances
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Askhole - "A person who constantly asks for your advice, yet always does the opposite of what you told them."

HEY! Watch it, buddy - that's my husband you're talkin' about...

that's one!
    (so using that too)

Loud talkers-- get on cell phone or work phone and practically scream conversation

Seat stealers at work-- leave computer for a second and they log me out and take my chair

people who talk, cough, or fidget during a movie
  • lawrahmck
    Options
    People who smoke well.. anywhere near anyone else. You wanna do that, you keep that to yourself.
    When you can actually hear someone mashing up the food in their mouth, or talking with their mouth open etc.
    People who scrape their cutlery on the plate. Sent a chill up my spine just thinking about it.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    muscle weighs more than fat
    muscle is DENSER,
    last time i checked a llb of fat & a lb of muscle both weighed a lb
    a lb of feathers & a lb of rocks weigh the same
    theres just a hell of alot more feathers
    2nd grade math people

The reason people say that is because they look at the scale and see that the number went up even though they are slimming down. It takes less muscle to make a pound than fat. It's just a concise way of explaining why the numbers don't look right.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I love the "askhole" I will have to use that in the future, as I know some. lol

I work in customer service. People that come in and need you to help them, and the whole time they are on their cell phone texting, talking, gaming, etc., and then you have to ask them a question to help them, and they have no idea you are even addressing them - as in they are too busy to help you.... as the great Jerry Maguire said "Help me, help YOU!"

People that do not correct their children- I have kids, I don't allow them to push the shopping cart INTO other people - I've actually had that happen several times - or just general kid nastiness, while in front of the parent, and the parent does NOTHING. I've actually said stuff to the kids that come into our office and start randomly going up to a desk and playing with the computer/phone, or equipment, had one actually try to get the fire hydrant out of the wall - and the parents do nothing. SERIOUSLY?!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    OOooooooooooooo I have a good one. When you are reflecting a previous conversation with the person you had the conversation with and they say, "I never said that". <
    My boyfriend does that. :grumble: :explode: :angry: And seriously I remember the conversation like it happened 5 minutes ago.
    This is the reason men don't have to remember anything. There's no use in TWO people remembering everything.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Long toe-nails disgust me.