I'm new with a lot to lose!!

Options
Hi guys! My name is Talita and I'm 21 years old. I just sign up into the community, a friend of mine talked about this site and I was interested. I have to lose almost 70kg (almost 153 lbs). I know I'll have a lot of work ahead and I'm willing to face whatever this journey put in front of me. So I'd love to make friends here, people I can motivate and be motivated! I hope you all have a great and healthy day!

Replies

• Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    welcome & good luck! I have about that much to lose also. (almost 50 lbs lost...130-ish lbs to go) I am new to this community also, and looking for support,
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's a great site and you'll make many supportive friends. Feel free to add me!
  • xtbchar
    xtbchar Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm happy to find people who like to help each other! I'm already liking this site!! Thanks everyone for the welcome I'm getting!!
  • tlsmoore
    tlsmoore Posts: 12
    Options
    I, too, am new to MFP. I've just recently hired a personal trainer to work with me a couple times per week and she asked me to start keeping track of everything I was eating and of my activity. I looked into a few things and found MFP and am so happy that I did. I have a LOT to lose and I know it won't happen overnight. I'm not interested in a miracle instant loss because I know those gimmicks aren't real. I need to make lifestyle changes. I know this won't be easy. Having supportive friends on here will motivate me a great deal! I now weight 334 lbs and my interim goal is to lose 10% of that weight. When I reach that - then I'll go from there. Ultimately, I'd love to weight 150. We'll see . . .
  • xtbchar
    xtbchar Posts: 5
    Options
    Changing our habits is never easy, so I think it's cool to be in the company of people who have gone through similar things or who are going through the same things as you. That was one of the main reasons why I decided to use this site!!
  • imaindigogirl
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too and have quite a bit to lose myself. Feel free to add me :)