50lbs + lost and I'm on a roll (pics included)

Options
acontos13
acontos13 Posts: 26 Member
I started my journey the beginning of March 2012 and have luckily been consistent with both weight loss and inches lost. I'm definitely the type that needs proof of progress to help keep me motivated. I have been taking pictures and measurements through out the last couple of months, and highly recommend people do this. My 5 and 7 yr olds took my pics so they are not all the best angles/quality :)

It all started because I was tired of having to buy larger and larger clothes. MY XL's were too small and I cried when I got home from buying XXL's and feeling like they were too tight. Everything I wore made me look fat...oh wait, it wasn't the clothes. This is not my first time with a huge weight loss. After having my first child at 18 yrs old and gaining 70lbs + with that pregnancy, I kissed my high school body goodbye. I comfortably sat at about 180-185lbs until my son was 5. At that point I creeped up to 200lbs. That seems to be the weight that I feel I need to take action. I joined weight watchers online and did it with people in my office. I lost 50 lbs and weighed in at 157lbs...lightest ever since getting pregnant. I did not work out once during the 6 months of that weight loss, ofcourse I was in my 20's then. I then proceeded to have 2 more children and of course gained more weight. Three months before my 30th birthday I vowed to lose 30lbs. I ran, ran, ran on the treadmill and again followed the weight watchers plan. Success!!! I was at 175lbs., but after my bday I just stopped. Over the next couple of years I found myself back at 200lbs and then I kept going. I can't believe I let myself get to 218lbs!!!! So, I joined a gym where I was introduced to myfitnesspal and the rest is history! I still have another 27lbs to lose to reach my goal but I FEEL great (with the exception of a recent back injury)! Even though I'm not at my lightest I am in the best shape of my adult life. I incorporated strength straining, various cardio and better eating habits and I've never felt stronger! When I started I was "squeezing" into size 18, now I am a comfortable 10. Hope this helps motivate and would love to help encourage any of you....I know it's a cliche, but...If I can do it....you can do it!

18d83a6d.png
01175476.png
02e9e360.png
83c79cce.png
ae947515.png
81ce38c9.jpg

Replies

• acontos13
    Options
    so I clearly didnt do that right...anyone know how I can pictures to show???
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I started my journey the beginning of March 2012 and have luckily been consistent with both weight loss and inches lost. I'm definitely the type that needs proof of progress to help keep me motivated. I have been taking pictures and measurements through out the last couple of months, and highly recommend people do this. My 5 and 7 yr olds took my pics so they are not all the best angles/quality :)

It all started because I was tired of having to buy larger and larger clothes. MY XL's were too small and I cried when I got home from buying XXL's and feeling like they were too tight. Everything I wore made me look fat...oh wait, it wasn't the clothes. This is not my first time with a huge weight loss. After having my first child at 18 yrs old and gaining 70lbs + with that pregnancy, I kissed my high school body goodbye. I comfortably sat at about 180-185lbs until my son was 5. At that point I creeped up to 200lbs. That seems to be the weight that I feel I need to take action. I joined weight watchers online and did it with people in my office. I lost 50 lbs and weighed in at 157lbs...lightest ever since getting pregnant. I did not work out once during the 6 months of that weight loss, ofcourse I was in my 20's then. I then proceeded to have 2 more children and of course gained more weight. Three months before my 30th birthday I vowed to lose 30lbs. I ran, ran, ran on the treadmill and again followed the weight watchers plan. Success!!! I was at 175lbs., but after my bday I just stopped. Over the next couple of years I found myself back at 200lbs and then I kept going. I can't believe I let myself get to 218lbs!!!! So, I joined a gym where I was introduced to myfitnesspal and the rest is history! I still have another 27lbs to lose to reach my goal but I FEEL great (with the exception of a recent back injury)! Even though I'm not at my lightest I am in the best shape of my adult life. I incorporated strength straining, various cardio and better eating habits and I've never felt stronger! When I started I was "squeezing" into size 18, now I am a comfortable 10. Hope this helps motivate and would love to help encourage any of you....I know it's a cliche, but...If I can do it....you can do it!

40d3d491.png

8c600144.png

9bdaaf9b.png

c7e0d48f.png

ae947515.png
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Your stomach is so small now!
  • acontos13
    Options
    Thanks! I'm trying to repost the pics....the last 2 progress pics were cut off :(
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    That's amazing!
  • BRoth1987
    Options
    Well done!
  • rinaliz
    rinaliz Posts: 8
    Options
    I would love to be friends! I too need to lose 50+ lbs. I have only lost 4 lbs. since new years.
    Let me know your dieting secrets.
  • acontos13
    Options
    I would love to be friends! I too need to lose 50+ lbs. I have only lost 4 lbs. since new years.
    Let me know your dieting secrets.

I'll send you a request.....I allow friends to view my diary, though I promise it is nothing exciting. I do workout A LOT so that I can consume more calories.....I love food!!!
  • christina_doubleU
    Options
    wow.. you have done an amazing job getting healthier!
  • Mrsdpitts
    Mrsdpitts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    so beautiful. Please send me a friend request... I would love to see your diary
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow....awesome story....love the pics makes me wanna make my own story
  • acontos13
    Options
    so beautiful. Please send me a friend request... I would love to see your diary

No Problem!
  • acontos13
    Options
    Wow....awesome story....love the pics makes me wanna make my own story

You should definitely do that. It is incredibly rewarding to acknowledge how far you have come. It isn't an easy journey for most people :)
  • helloimangela
    Options
    WOW! You look awesome! I totally fell off the wagon and I'm trying to get re-motivated. I lost 30 lbs, but then gained about half of it back. I don't want to let myself get back up to my original starting weight again.
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow! U Rock!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Very motivating, thank you, =)
  • cklb
    cklb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing...:flowerforyou:
  • 91King
    91King Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow - great job. I am just starting to try lose 20 pounds. Your story is an inspiration! Congratulations. I hope I can do it too.
  • sparkie2bfit
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, much needed. I am at a stalemate.
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Wow! We are about the exact same stats! :) How tall are you? I've only lost about 20-25lbs since march, but I admittedly slacked off for a month and don't exercise nearly enough. You have done great and look awesome, I'm at 169 and want to lose about 25 more lbs, I started at 220ish. :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!