Ever try logging your entire day in the morning

Options

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time, it helps me plan and with my grocery list as well. And if something changes, oh well, that is what the little - on the side is for.

I find that it takes care of the whole what am I going to eat question.

I also like being organized and when my husband asks what is for dinner, I tell hmi to look at my food diary. :)
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I do this for most weekdays (I never know what is going to happen on the weekends). It helps me to stay on track. I like having a plan. I also like that I can tweak things here and there to make sure I am hitting my macros.
  • corgihugger
    Options
    I think it's good to plan out my meals, so that I expect how many calories I'll eat that day. I always give myself a little wiggle room, though.
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I log the day before! Keeps me accountable and allows me to keep track of my macros. Plus, no worries about if I will go over/under calories, etc.
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I try to preplan my whole day. Sometimes I stick to it and sometimes I have to make changes as I go. I preplan more times than not.
  • AngelTwin27
    AngelTwin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I always try and log my three main meals in the morning and then I know what's left over for snacks.

I've heard of people running out of calories before dinner, because they've snacked too much, so this works really well for me.

I actually get quite anxious if I have no idea what's for dinner! LOL

Sometimes I do even pre-log for several days, if I have a weekly meal plan in mind...
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time..
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    i usually log everything the night before. Sure I change stuff sometimes but usually I stick to it.
  • leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this, im logging for most of the next day the day before and it seems to help me stay on track easier
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    When I get the chance I try to enter all my meals the night before. Works great for me! I leave some wiggle room for snacks.
  • liovino59
    liovino59 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do the same, sometimes have to adjust the dinner entry....
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like to do that with my exercise. This way, I HAVE to go to my evening class or face the personal embarrassment of deleting it from my journal and seeing my calorie count get scewed. :grumble:
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I try my best to log my day ahead of time! Sometimes I have to make little changes, but it really helps me a lot.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I always log the night before, and make changes if needed during the day.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I have never done this. Where is the adventure? I eat small meals through out the day log them as soon as I can so I know how much I can eat at night. I usually have at least have half of my calories left for dinner and evening snacking. I have gotten pretty good at guessing how many calories I am eating before eating it, and like I did with Weight Watcher's and the point system, I have memorized a lot of calories in foods, so I can quickly add something in my head when making something or ordering something at a restaurant.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I prefer to log my meals in the morning and then just log snacks as I have them.
  • kbirdwell08
    kbirdwell08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i do this every day because i go to school and as soon as i get out of school i go straight to work. i usually dont get home until 10pm so i dont have time to think about what to eat. i take all my food with me during the day
  • couponsaver79
    couponsaver79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I try to do this every day. Actually I do it the night before. I kept finding that I would eat something, the calories were fine, but then by the end of the day the fat and sugar were way in the red. This way I can play around a little bit and try to keep things even. Plus its helpful to know how many I have to spare with what I am already planning to eat.
  • StephJB1221
    Options
    I log my day prior to Meet my daily goals, if I'm off then I can play around until I meet them! A lot easier to meet your goals if you haven't already eaten half of your day :) and it keeps me from eating the extras I'm offered at work daily!
  • trinaburk
    trinaburk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this a couple of days ago but not logging the entire day; I do it up to lunch but I don't have it perfected as of yet - still figuring out the right foods.