Shirataki Noodles

Options
sandygaylegunn
sandygaylegunn Posts: 87 Member
I am so excited. I have finally found the "Tofu & Shirataki noodles" that are only 20 calories a serving, :heart: 40 calories for the whole bag. :drinker: I found out about these on Hungry Girl, but could never find them. :flowerforyou: They are in the refrigerated section with the tofu and other soy products. I will let you know how I like them when they are cooked. :love: Whoopeee! (Anyone else tried them? What are your favorite recipes to use them in?)

Replies

• sandygaylegunn
    Options
    Did the veggie stir fry (no oil) with these noodles and it was outstanding! I loved it, and so did hubby.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I live in Welland,Ontario Canada and these were very hard to find so for anyone in the niagara region you can find tofu shiritaki noodles in st catharines at the PEANUT MILL for $1.99.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a friend...finallychelle who loves them. Look her up. She has recipes. I had them last night....I rinsed them really well, microwaves them on a plate over a few pieces of paper towel. Then pan fried them with garlic salt and set aside. Then I sauteed some frozen broccoli and tossed it all in with 1 tsp butter, 2 tsps fat free sour cream, 1 wedge light laughing cow swiss cheese, 2 tsps parmesan, garlic salt and pepper to taste that I had whisked in the hot pan until smooth.
  • LizJ08
    LizJ08 Posts: 127
    Options
    bump...I just found some on Saturday and am trying to figure out what to do with them now!
  • momof2TONI
    momof2TONI Posts: 116
    Options
    Our store has the 'angel hair pasta' shirataki noodles, and also the 'spaghetti' ones. I bought the spaghetti ones, rinsed and drained them well, then boiled them for 5 minutes just like regular spaghetti. After boiling them to be sure they were good and hot, I drained theml, added spaghetti sauce, and topped with reduced fat parmesan. Really good.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas!
  • geogie54
    geogie54 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey there, I've seen an advertisement for some shriataki noodles that were not made frm tofu. Anyone else seen there? And where would you find them? Thanx
  • judybug1970
    Options
    I live in Pennsylvania and I cannot find them anywhere....I have looked everywhere especially seeing hungry girl on the Dr Oz show....What store did you find them in?? I really would like to try them.....and anytime I can eat more for a little bit of calories I am all for it
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I've seen an advertisement for some shriataki noodles that were not made frm tofu. Anyone else seen there? And where would you find them? Thanx

I buy the ones that are not tofu...they are zero calories. I like them even better. I get them at the asian market. I even have my family eating them.
  • geogie54
    Options
    Thank you I'll look there tomorrow.......
  • sandygaylegunn
    Options
    Look for the noodles in the refrigerated section where you will find tofu. I had looked in the wrong place in several stores, then found them in my usual store, "Food Max." I read online that Trader Joes has them too. I think most stores do have them, but our big Asian store didn't have any, and didn't have tofu either. Duh.
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I live in Pennsylvania and I cannot find them anywhere....I have looked everywhere especially seeing hungry girl on the Dr Oz show....What store did you find them in?? I really would like to try them.....and anytime I can eat more for a little bit of calories I am all for it

I live in PA too and found them in my local Giant supermarket. They are in the organic section in the refrigerated area. I had to look really hard b/c they were mixed in with all the other tofu and didn't see them at first! They are in small bags.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I turned them into Lo Main the other day. Super good and less than 150 for a huge plate.
  • klafrancis
    klafrancis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump. Must try!
  • livitup85
    livitup85 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    For anyone in Toronto: Highland Farms carries them :)
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think they taste a little fishy even after washing them so I add tuna and cheese and make a little casserole. I know someone that made a seafood soup with them.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I live in a fairly large city with tons of grocery stores. The only place I can find them is whole foods.
  • sandygaylegunn
    Options
    Last night I made Hungry Girl's Fettuccine Alfredo. I used the 40 calorie Shiratake Noodles with broccoli and garlic. And i used soy mozzarella cheese (40 calories x 12). Well, after completing my food for the day under goal, I had a late night bowl of the Fettuccine. It was so good I have to count it as a red light food. I will try Skinny Cow cheese next time and I am sure it will be a great deal lower in calories.
  • sandygaylegunn
    Options
    I ran out of fresh veggies, so I took the bowl of Shiratake noodles with veggies I made and added 1/2 cub of garbonzo beans, some low sodium soy sauce and some Splenda. It tasted like high-calorie sweet teriyaki sauce. Yum! It was so terrific! So filling. I love these versatile noodles almost calorie free! What a treatL!