Is it true that you shouldnt eat after 6pm?

Options
1235»

Replies

• annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Snack in bed if you want. The only thing that matters is your daily calorie goal.

I wish you hadn't said that. Now I'm thinking about George Costanza and his pastrami sandwich.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA !!!!!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think it is all in what you eat making it bad...if you go load up on carbs like donuts, fast food, ect...then yes...BAD after 6 pm...LOL! Otherwise, if you eat good nutrition foods that it shouldn't matter. I think you should eat a before bed snack because your metabolism keeps stoked even while you sleep. Just be cautious on what your eating.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    no way. my favorite time to eat is right before bed. if i had to i could go all day long eating nothing and eat all my calories right in bed and i would be a happy camper.

disclaimer: i am not claiming that is a healthy thing to do
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Coincidentally, I found this article in a magazine I was reading yesterday and found a link to it online....

http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20602924,00.html

I have always tried to keep from eating late at night anyway. Seems to help me.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    This question was on Dr Oz...apparently not..he said it's a myth...

LOL and because that quack says so you believed it? He happens to be right this time but there's loads of stuff that he promotes that not very sound advice!

I think that this whole don't eat after .... probably came into being by someone who was trying to prevent their late evening snacking. As stated before, a calorie is a calorie. If it fits into your daily allotment, eat it whenever you wish (barring any medical issues to the contrary!)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Is it true that you shouldnt eat within a couple hours of bedtime?

To quote Dr. Oz - "Your body does not care what time it is" He followed that by explaining, it is the overall intake and has nothing to do with the time of day you consume it.
  • ceeegeee
    ceeegeee Posts: 18
    Options
    I was a big night time eater. I do not eat after dinner and that just helps me stay on track. Everyone has to do what works for them.
    If you hit a plateau, make a change.
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the very diversified answers and advice..I think I will eventually change my eating schedule to larger meal in the am less in the pm . But for now Im staying within my caloric goal, so I cant be doing too bad on average..ive only been here 17 days so we will see. :flowerforyou:
  • BenChase
    Options
    i recently read a study that says your metabolism actually speeds up (slightly but still) during REM sleep, so aside from excercise times your body burns better than any other time while you are alseep making it better to eat late, i personally never used to eat after a certain time and for the past few months i have been eating all the time up to right before bed and even waking up hungry in the middle of the night and gobbling down some (healthy) food...my personal results? still doing great and now i am never hungry like when i worried about eating late, by the way feel free to stalk my food log and you will see a few days ago i had over 2000 calories in the last few hours i was awake. don't fear the food unless it's unhealthy or over your personal set calorie goals :smile:

edit to add link to the page, forgot i saved it :wink: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/carbs-at-night-fat-loss-killer-or-imaginary-boogeyman.html?mcid=facenutrition&?mcid=faceweekly=sf5921095