I need some good Butt exercises!

Options
I love my butt! It's big and round, but after having my baby, I'm looking to lift and tone it. Anyone have any good kicka$$ (pun INtended!) exercises that will help make it perkier? What's tried and true for you?

I need it to be INTENSE! Unless I can't sit down without wincing for a week, I feel like it's not working. What's the worst you can throw at me??

Replies

• skinnyskittles
    Options
    Bump. I'm listening
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    lunges lunges lunges and oh did i mention lunges.. why yes i did :) and you ready for it.. Squats Squats and More Squats, also here a few other good ones Step Ups , Hip Extensions and One Legged Deadlifts have lots of fun and remember to bring your game face cause its gunna burn lol
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible. You can find it on You Tube if you want to try it. I ended up trying and buying. They have it pretty cheap on Amazon. I'm on Level 2 and cuss every time during some of the moves but I love the results I'm seeing. I too am blessed (once thought cursed but I'm learning that the ghetto booty is a good thing) with a big round butt (no matter how thin I have ever been). This leaves your butt sore in places I didn't even know could BE sore. I can definitely tell a difference in the shape of my butt. If my butt survives all the way through level 3, then I am positive I will have the best hind end I can possibly have.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    lunges lunges lunges and oh did i mention lunges.. why yes i did :) and you ready for it.. Squats Squats and More Squats, also here a few other good ones Step Ups , Hip Extensions and One Legged Deadlifts have lots of fun and remember to bring your game face cause its gunna burn lol

Yup - More lunges and squats than you ever thought humanly possible. Uphill walking lunges are great, too...
    And if you're doing them right (and enough of them), you with think you're going to DIE :grumble: Basically, do however many you max out at, then add 10 more.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Lunges!!!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I want to steal those ideas myself for recommendations.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Bulgarian squats and glute bridges with a weight plate or sandbag on hips are useful as well.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I've heard women kick around the Brazillian Butt Program or something like that. Some have said it does quite the transformation on your rear... just search the forums for brazillian and you'll find threads about it.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    1. Be fit kettlebell workout (can get weight & DVD together). I use 15# & I hurt in butt thighs after. <G> it involves squats, lunges & passing kettlebell through legs, around legs in figure 8, swings with it. I actually get a good fat-burning lower intensity acardio workout at the same time. They have some of their workout videos on YouTube.
    2. Tamilee Webb's I want that butt - good series of basic squat & butt exercises.
    3. Stability ball - various exercises: prone hip extensions (lay on belly on ball, lift both legs straight out behind you and up as high asyou can - hold 30-60 each few reps), ball squats (put ball on wall & lean into it with back, roll down wall into squat knees right angles not pass heels & weight on heels, then roll back up), if get good- do 1 leg squat, donkey kicks & knee raises (same position as extensions, raise one leg at time alternating lift to ceiling then bent knee and life to ceiling - can add ankle weights on single leg ifgets easy, but wouldn't on prone extension), standing lunge squat (lunge position but rear leg's foot is on the ball, front knee stays behind toes as you lower down knee not go past 90 degree angle)
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Butt lift workout dvd as well as all those lunges and squats lol the dvds hits muscles you didn't even know you had!
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    No need for fancy equipment or expensive gyms. You can use ordinary objects you have at home to work your butt real good.
    I know we are all diffrent but here's what works for me.
    I always grab the remote for hubby with it. Phone call for gramaw? Here ya go granny. Yes, it's in my fanny. Need spray paint shook up? Sure thing! And great cardio here also. I'm working on getting the oven door open with it but the handles all wrong. Cann't get a good grip. Practice makes perfect. My ultimate goal is to be able to remove a meatloaf from the oven.

O.k. Lunges and squats.
  • roguestates
    Options
    lots of squats!
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible. You can find it on You Tube if you want to try it. I ended up trying and buying. They have it pretty cheap on Amazon. I'm on Level 2 and cuss every time during some of the moves but I love the results I'm seeing. I too am blessed (once thought cursed but I'm learning that the ghetto booty is a good thing) with a big round butt (no matter how thin I have ever been). This leaves your butt sore in places I didn't even know could BE sore. I can definitely tell a difference in the shape of my butt. If my butt survives all the way through level 3, then I am positive I will have the best hind end I can possibly have.
    Just wondering the same thing tonite and stumbled on this video on youtube. Its a helluva workout and your *kitten* will be super sore if you do it right
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Go HEAVY.

Squats.

Lunges.

Deadlifts.
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just wondering the same thing tonite and stumbled on this video on youtube. Its a helluva workout and your *kitten* will be super sore if you do it right

Oh yes, there have been times where the next day sitting was sore, walking was sore, laying down was sore....you get the idea lol. But it leaves you a good sore rather than the "what did I injure?"
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump because my *kitten* is sad!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! These are all really good! I hate lunges, but I figure the more unpleasant an exercise, the better workout. So lunges it is! I also want to check out those butt bible and brazilian lift videos.