Does anyone else?

Options
Hi,

Does anyone else leave calories at the end of the day because of how inaccurate MFP calculations can be?

I always leave 200 calories or just under because I am not sure how much I am really burning.

Anybody else do this?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I DO TOO! ALWAYS!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor which is (hopefully) more accurate than MFP's exercise database. I take it to be accurate and eat all the calories back. I'm losing weight at the rate I expect. In fact, before I got my HRM, I ate all the calories back too, and did ok. I think that unless you find that you're not losing at the rate you expect, then there's not really a problem. It might take a little experimentation to find the right level for you.
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    No! I need food to fuel me. If I'm hungry, I'll eat to my limit, and perhaps a little over. It's a long journey. and I don't plan to sabotage myself so early on by eating too little and giving up
  • hollieam92
    hollieam92 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to double check. I know that MFP cant be exact, I do eat till I am full and I am not really that worried about 200 Calories here or there. Anyway when im desperate, thats a pack of maltezers while watching a film haha!
  • wendye1960
    wendye1960 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like to do that too but not because of any inaccuracies in calories burned as I usually adjust those based on my step counter and the amount burned my EA Active says but in case I have forgotten anything or had to guesstimate on anything.
  • ihaveplans
    Options
    The amount of calories they give you for exercise seems quite high, so generally I don't eat them, and aim to lose weight a bit quicker - having said that, I don't do any exercise apart from walking. I guess it would affect enthusiastic exercisers a lot more. The important thing is to be healthy.
  • kipperripper
    Options
    At home I generally use a cross trainer and it tells me how many calories i burn on its little computer - when i check the same type of exercise here the number of calories seems outrageously high and i mean really high - 40 minutes on my cross trainers comp equals about 149calories burnt where as here its like 300 - I generally go for the lower number and eat that back too :)

but yeah, get yourself a HRM then you can take out most of the guesswork
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    no - I always aim to hit my goal of 1300 to eat less would leave me way too hungry. I also dont eat back exercise cals. I look at it if I eat roughly around 1300 theres still a deficit PLUS added burn from gym sessions so it should create a loss even if mfp is slightly out. I also use an HRM so know my exercise cals are more accurate now :)
  • FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yes i try to leave some most days just incase :D xx
  • hollieam92
    hollieam92 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im glad I am not the only one, makes me feel better ha :laugh: