WATER

When entering your water in take for the day, and it goes up in cup sizes, whats your cup size?
mines 500mls per cup, so i only need 4 cups a day
Whats yours x

Replies

• 8 glasses of water required to drink per day.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    I was always taught that a cup is 8 ounces, so 8x8=64 ounces per day, but I use a 32 ounce flip top bottle. I drive a delivery truck and I need something I don't need to be refilling a lot, and something that won't spill!
  • I know it's 8 glasses, but glasses come in all different sizes.
  • It's meant to be in the specified cups. So if you are drinking 500ml that's 2 cups.
    That's how I've measured mine as everything I drink from is in cups of 250ml increments.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    a cup is 8oz period.. thas a cup.. so if you drank a 24oz water bottle all day for example it would be "3 cups"
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    a cup is 8oz period.. thas a cup.. so if you drank a 24oz water bottle all day for example it would be "3 cups"

Unless you live in a metric part of the world (ie. most of it!) - then it's 250 ml which is not 8oz.

It's really just a rough guide, like the 1200 cal minimum - it doesn't mean its a hard and fast rule that everyone must have exactly "8 x 8oz" or "8 x 250ml" every day.
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Yes, glasses come in all different sizes, but a cup is a unit of measure and it is 8 fluid ounces. Look on a measuring cup, 8 oz. = 1 Cup.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    The standard unit of measurement for a "cup" is 8 ounces, which times 8 is 64 ounces per day. Yes drinking cups/water bottle capacities will vary by size but the standard unit of measurement still stands. For example I have one water bottle that is 16 ounces another that is 23 ounces. I add up how many times I've refilled whichever bottle I'm using that day and divide by 8 to equal the number of "cups" I have had that day.