Retaining Water? Need help weigh up and down crazy

Options
Good Evening everybody, this is my first time asking for help!! I'm a37 years old mom of 2, started 10 weeks ago, I'm exercising at least 5 times a week, walking, running, water jogging, insanity (8th day today), I have lost 11 pounds, but the last couple of weeks, my weigh scale show 157lbs, and in 2 days I was 161 lbs again, I haven't chance my diet, I'm eating healthy (you can see my food records). Then a week later I was 159, 2 days later 157 and 3 days later 161, today I was 159 lbs, it is crazy, I need help, if someone can give me an advice about dieting will be great.

Thank you everybody!!!

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    How about only weighing yourself ONCE a week, at the same time, in the same clothes. That will give you a better idea of what your true weight is. Weighing more than once a week will drive you insane.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Actually, we can't see your food records. :ohwell:

Water weight could be the culprit, yes. Or perhaps you are weighing at different times of day, or sometimes after a meal and sometimes not, or sometimes post-workout and sometimes not.
  • HelenaCatherine165
    HelenaCatherine165 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Scales are EVIL! I had to get rid of mine as I was obsessed. Would constantly weigh myself and feel deflated by the results. Now I just use the scales at my gym once a week at the same time.
  • basiggutierrez
    Options
    Thank you for your answers, I'll be more relax about the scale, and will continue eating well and exercising, like one of my friends told me, I'll see results I want soon.!!!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough for the amount of exercise that you do? If you are pushing hard and are eating below BMR then you will hold your weight. I can't see your info to see where you set your calorie goal and how much you have to lose. Check out this link to see if you are set up properly. The goals from MFP can be very unrealistic depending on how you answered the set up questions.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Seriously don't worry about what the scales say! EVERYONE fluctuates daily.

I'd stick with a weigh in once a week if you must!

If you are eating correctly and you know your weight should be no more than it was last week, then don't worry about it. Certainly don't beat yourself up for eating and training in the right way!

They are just numbers, it's how you feel and look that the most important.

And keep smiling!
  • basiggutierrez
    Options
    Thank you for your advices, you can see my food and exercise loging now!!!
  • basiggutierrez
    Options
    I looked his blog, is fantastic, I'll take the time to read it again and see if I'm not eating enough calories, Thank you!!!
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Track your sodium intake. You may be holding water.