Thick/Curvy /Chubby but Toned

Options
I don't wanna be real thin. I've always wanted a real thick body but toned. My tummy, has never been smooth. I'll just say its, very detailed. These women below are my ideal. The first link mainly. She has a perfect body.

My questions is...how do you maintain a thick body but keep it toned. Is there anyone on here who is similar to the women below.. What do you do? What's your calorie intake.

http://www.jurgita.com/pictures/forum/1225596139_Plus_size_-_Bikini.jpg

http://divalookbook.com/uploaded_images/simply_yours_plus_size_lingerie_2-797295.jpg

http://venusvision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lane-bryant-leopord-lingerie-230x300.jpg

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what U mean, I'm the same way too!
    would love to hear suggestions on keeping some meat on u while toning up, wanna be curvy without the jiggles.
  • louubelle
    Options
    you know.. I like # 3... but i'm the same as you guys... I would definitely prefer to have the curves.... and be toned also! I'm working on it.... but .. just wanted to chime in and I'm glad to know i'm not the only one that wants to have some sexy curves!!! :) I'm trying to find someone to help me (at a reasonable price) to start toning... i'll check back in and let you know if I come up with anything.. lol
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    Hopefully someone will read this and help us =)
  • stahlight
    stahlight Posts: 119
    Options
    Yay for curves!! :smokin:

Yes that probably wasnt useful :bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for a Laila Ali look. She's not skinny but is very toned. I'm trying to do more weights focused and strength focus cardio.
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    I don't wanna be real thin. I've always wanted a real thick body but toned. My tummy, has never been smooth. I'll just say its, very detailed. These women below are my ideal. The first link mainly. She has a perfect body.

My questions is...how do you maintain a thick body but keep it toned. Is there anyone on here who is similar to the women below.. What do you do? What's your calorie intake.

http://www.jurgita.com/pictures/forum/1225596139_Plus_size_-_Bikini.jpg

http://divalookbook.com/uploaded_images/simply_yours_plus_size_lingerie_2-797295.jpg

http://venusvision.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lane-bryant-leopord-lingerie-230x300.jpg

Actually what I meant to say was, that first girl. Her stomach is what I'm aiming for. It's more ideal for me right now. Then eventually the next two links of women is what my next goal will be.

I just switched up my work out last week. I use to walk 4 to 8 miles a day. Now I just jog/run for 30 mins every night. Calorie intake is about 1200 to 1400 these days. But yah, if anyone does a certain routine everyday and or has a specific meal plan they do to achieve this body I'm looking for. I hope to hear from yah =)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what your asking, but let me take a crack at it anyway.

So you want to lose some weight, but you don't want to take off too much and become super skinny, and you want to make sure you have some sort of muscle tone when you get there? Is that the gist?

There's really no difference from this than any other strategy, you just need to set your goal and when you reach it, learn how to maintain.

It's a good idea to make sure you keep a few days of weight or resistance training in your workout, that will keep your muscles relatively strong and resistant to muscle catabolism (muscle being broken down and used as energy).
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I love their bodys, I never wanted to be super thin either...

I think I'd look strange and dead if I weighed something like 130 >.>

My goal is 150 - 180 toned.
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    I'm not really sure what your asking, but let me take a crack at it anyway.

So you want to lose some weight, but you don't want to take off too much and become super skinny, and you want to make sure you have some sort of muscle tone when you get there? Is that the gist?

There's really no difference from this than any other strategy, you just need to set your goal and when you reach it, learn how to maintain.

It's a good idea to make sure you keep a few days of weight or resistance training in your workout, that will keep your muscles relatively strong and resistant to muscle catabolism (muscle being broken down and used as energy).

You pretty much got the gist of it. I just don't know how to go about on what specific weight training I need. I want to make sure I'm doing the correct routine that will target all the right spots. I actually don't mind the weight I'm at, it would just look better if it were more toned.
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    I would love to look like the second picture.... I looked like that before... :(
  • chera325
    chera325 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I def agree; I don't want to be skinny. I do want a flat stomach, though.

Anyways, here's my advice. First of all, it truly depends on your body's natural makeup; some people are just naturally more curvy than others. I for example, have NO butt whatsoever. Like my butt, is basically just an extension of my thighs. There's not a whole lot I can do about that; I can work on building my glutes, but I won't ever look like J-Lo.

Similarly, it's unfortunate, but there's simply no way to target specific areas for weight loss; we can work on toning, but until that fat is gone (via cardio), you probably won't be able to see a whole lot of muscle definition.

You really just need to figure out your goal weight *whatever works for you, NOT always what "they" tell you* and once you get there, work on maintaining the weight loss, but toning the areas you'd like to see a little tighter.

Hope this helps :)
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I saw this 'article' this morning, so .. I thought I would share. I'm not one to believe there is an exact science behind this because every body is different and we all change different based on exercise and nutrition.. but in any case, please read for yourself. :)

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/how-to-get-your-quot-ideal-body-quot-574249/;_ylt=AljRGImYJL2QoKVyTQrj4WhabqU5
  • Bellatrix
    Options
    I really enjoyed that article. Thanks for posting it =)
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I have hips that will never go anywhere, so I don't really have to worry about the curvy part, but the tone factor has been my dilemma!

I want a flat stomach, and curves! I had two children, so getting a flat stomach is a bit more challenging, since they gave me a little kangaroo pouch :( Friends say you can't tell, but I know what I look like w/o clothes! lol I really don't want to have a tummy tuck, I'd love to hear suggestions as well!!!

I'm thinking you could target areas the you would like to go down? Lots of Ab exercises, possibly?