3 moth old kittens with fleas.....help!

Options
2»

Replies

• 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your tips and comments! very grateful! To those who asked, I will keep on treating them with Dawn baths and brushing them with flea combs (as this seems to have improved the situation.) and I will try to see the vet asap.

Again, thank you all!

As most people said, it's very important that you treat the mom, too.

A big hug to you and the kitties :)
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if you combed an oil (olive oil) thickly through there hair if that might work then wash with a dish soap. That's something we suggest to parents that have children with head lice issues.
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I gave the mother cat Frontline drop two days ago but I guess it takes a while to show any real results.

thanks everyone!
    Thank you all so much for your tips and comments! very grateful! To those who asked, I will keep on treating them with Dawn baths and brushing them with flea combs (as this seems to have improved the situation.) and I will try to see the vet asap.

Again, thank you all!

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I gave the mother cat Frontline drop two days ago but I guess it takes a while to show any real results.

thanks everyone!

Again, thank you all!

The fleas die after biting the treated animal, so it will take a little while, but it should work soon. I'm guessing some of the fleas are jumping off the kittens to the mom and the fleas in the house are jumping on her, so as they do so, they'll die.
  • SophieB74656
    SophieB74656 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    good luck!!! Also if the kittens are getting flease a lot check for signs of anemia, make sure their gums are a healthy pink

we adopted a kitten last year. he was so covered in flease that he became severely anemic. His nose and gums were WHITE, and he couldn't even hold his head up. i'm convinced that if we hadn't taken him home that day he would have been dead within a few days. We got a flea shampoo made for kittens and bathed, combed, bathed, combed and he got much better