Short Ladies

Options
AquaFan
AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
Any short ladies trying to lose weight that want to be friends? I'm 5"1 and currently weigh 152. I want to get down to 125. I am walking and/or running using C25K (I have completed this program before and it was great). Starting September 1st I am going to do a round of 30 day shred. (I've completed this before as well and it too was great). It's been about a year since I consistently worked out and journaled my food and really want to get back into it.

Replies

• Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0". I started at 168 and now weigh 120. I started off with walking, then moved onto couch 2 5k. After I completed that I moved on to bridge to 10k, but became bored. Then I did spin classes and now I am finishing up Insanity.
  • Morgan103084
    Options
    i am also 5'2 but at 160 lbs, trying to get to 130. the things pregnancy will do to your body. but i'd love to support you and vice versa. good luck to you on your weight loss journey.
  • muggs1090
    muggs1090 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We have similar paths! I have done the C25K, though its been almost 2 mo since I ran last. Kinda got out of my routine after I did a few 5k's. Havent tracked my food or eaten well for that matter. I did recently buy the 30 day shred, I did it once wow that was a work out. Would love some motivation!
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi - Am five foot 1 and currently weigh 152 - looking to get to 136...It's going ok - lost 8 so far and it's coming off really slowly...

Good luck with it and feel free to add me

Alison :-)
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! :drinker:

I am about 1/2 and inch shorter than you and currently weight 155lb. My first goal is to get down to 133lb but to be honest I'm on here to find a healthier way of living and if I loose weight and get fitter on the way that is fine by me!

Feel free to add me for mutual support. :smile:
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i'm 5 even and want to get from 170 to 125
  • GullyGirl009
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'3" and I am 193lbs. I have like 45-50lbs more to lose. I need some motivation. Along with eating less and selectively, what exercises are you doing? What can I do to stay curvacious but tight? Can anyone help me?
  • justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5 foot 0! and like a poster above me, the weight is coming off really slowly. I'm thinking of getting into 30 day shred. Add me! we have similar goals and I'd love to support you :)
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    that'd be me lol. 5'1"
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    5'2 in the house!:tongue:
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I've been tracking in MFP for a couple of months but haven't friended anyone yet. I am 5'0 even and started out at 165. I lost 10lbs before I started using MFP and I'm down about another 15 now. Have went from a 12/14 back to my size 10's. My goal is not so much weight based as size. I would be happy to get (and stay) in my size 8's. I've lost primarily by tracking calories and doing a lot of walking on my treadmill but I've hit a plateau so I'm going to add in some weight training next week. Really want to reach goal before the holidays so I can try to just maintain then!
  • doxielady24
    Options
    5'2 and wanting to lose at least 50 lbs. before my son's wedding in mid-2013. Just found this website from a magazine article. I've done WW and was successful so, I'm hoping this online site with the food journal and message board will be what I need to succeed.
  • JonieB
    JonieB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'3" and currently 137.4lbs. I started off at 164lbsin May 2011. Feel free to friend me. I am starting my second round of 30 DS on Saturday. :)
  • jennybex
    jennybex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5'1, 173 currently and want to get to 158 by Christmas, 135 by May. I love to work out but also love to eat, 1200 calories is torture IMO!
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    5'1 here, I have about 50-60lbs to lose or until I feel healthy and happier with myself.
  • sherpasmom
    sherpasmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'1" and 40 pounds to lose! I'm currently walking in about the 12 mile a week range and am working to double that. Feel free to add me anyone. I'm new here but loving this site and finding people here very supportive :)
  • njsousa
    njsousa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5"0" I started at 160 and I'm now at 146 - I love this website! I was so sick of Points...this is much more straight forward. For exercise I work out on a stationary bike for 60-80 mins a day and play golf walking and carrying my clubs 1 day a week. I'm looking to lose another 15-20 lbs even though my BMI will still consider me over weight but give I'm also large busted I'd be happy at 126-130 lbs.
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was 135, then lost some then came here...now 126, and goal of 110. Im 4'11. Good luck feel free to add me
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    5'4" here! I'm 168lbs and I'm working to get to 140lbs (and 130lbs after that). Feel free to add! I'm working on the C25K at the moment :)
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just signed up today. I was doing WW but got stuck for awhile. I'm finishing up Insanity and will continue to do it but will go a little slower. I'm getting ready to do hip hop abs. I'm 5'0" and am at 120 and would like to be about 112.