Hey, Fat Girl.

Options

Replies

• mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This post is truly awesome! I have been walking, not running, for a while. Why don't I run? It makes my jiggly parts jiggle, I sweat buckets, and I look absolutely hideous!!!! After reading this, today I may just run!
  • tmoore_20
    tmoore_20 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thanks for posting this.
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have seen, and actually re-posted this before. But I needed this today. REALLY needed this. Thanks for posting. :heart:
  • marmarlaw
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I love this!!!! :)
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    great post
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Really cool. I need to repeat this as my mantra.
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'll think of this every time I'm the only out of shape person at the gym! haha! Loved it, thanks for sharing. Very motivational!
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    AWESOME!! i wish every overweight person that feels this way would read this.....this is just what they need to hear.
    ty for sharing!!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    This definitely hit close to home, I am so glad I read this! About a month ago, I was this girl! I kept to myself when running on the track and had my headphones up so loud I couldn't hear anything. Everyone else on the track was small and running a lot faster than I was. But one gentleman as he passed me, tapped me on my shoulder and told me good job that I was doing amazing and to keep up the outstanding work! That alone was enough to push me to keep going!
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    This was amazing! Really touched my heart and very motivational!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Always impresses when I see somone out on the trail who is clearly working hard at losing weight. It ain't easy!! And, for whatever reason people who are starting out with running view more trim/skilled runners as unapproachable/unattainable. I know I did. Now, at goal weight and still trying to improve my running, I always try to smile at folks as I pass by to let them know I am happy to see them out there. I want them to feel good about their choice and I hope my smile can encourage them to keep at it! Folks smiling and waving at my fat butt helped me stay motivated and feel connected to the running community!
  • coopersmith99
    coopersmith99 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    It is a very good blog for sure.

I was never fat in the sense of being extremely large or obese, but still with enough extra to not be happy with myself, so I do not really have the same experience as I am sure many others have in relation to the blog.

But, I can definitely say that I do not look down upon the bigger guys and gals getting their exercise done. It is very motivational, and at many times, makes me feel like I should try harder in my own.
  • AliJelliBelli
    Options
    That's me! I'm the sweaty, bright pink, (slightly less) wobbly fat girl, gasping for breath and staring resolutely at some point in the middle distance (there will be no eye contact, oh no no no) as I puff and wheeze my way past everyone else out and about when I'm 'running'. I love this. Thanks so much for posting. :happy:
  • jpipes17
    jpipes17 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :heart: Love!
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    Inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • bcerz811
    bcerz811 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i hope this is a true story :) even if it is not, i hope that it is what we all feel when we see someone new to the gym or the sidewalks, and i hope this is what people feel/felt about us as we all got started!

I wasn't the "fat girl" at this time, but in HS, i was deifnitely out of shape. I was self conscious, terrible at sports, and very very shy. Gym class was my worst nightmare every day. I remember in 9th grade, we had to run a mile on the track every day for gym before we started whatever lesson we were on. And I remember I hated it because I was so slow and it was so embarrassing; I just wanted to disappear. This girl in my class who was on the track team and ran cross country, I remember her running up next to me one day and saying "come on, run with me. I know you can do it!" And she ran with me that day. She pushed me to go faster than I thought I was able, but she slowed down for me (obviously since she was a distance runner she could have out paced me in second), ran with me and encouraged me to push myself. When I finished, I'd finished the mile the fasted I'd ever run it up to that point and I remember she congradulated me and told me "see! I knew you could do it!" We didn't be come bestest friends in the whole world or anything like that, and I was still shy and insecure and gym class was still terrifying, but she absolutely made my semester, and I'll never forget that she did that for me. It boosted my confidence and got me into running recreationally in HS, and now that I've gotten back into it almost 10 years later, I remember it every day when I go for a run and start to feel self conscious. People who are already athletic and in shape--you have no idea what a difference in someone's life you can make just by smiling at them from across the track, or giving them a thumbs up, telling them good job, or even just running with them. Sometimes for them, it can mean the difference between deciding it's the last day they're going to bother doing this, and pushing on to a healthier life.
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is the post that convinced me to join this website. I'm so glad it turned up again ... it's awesome!

I am so glad you decided to join us!!!! If any of you would like to add me for support feel free!!! I am struggling just like everone else and could use the motivation :bigsmile: I am glad y'all liked this
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just awesome! I am that fat girl. Thank you for posting. :flowerforyou: