Strength training and obtaining new legs. Please help me.

Options
Okay. So, I know cardio is good for burning calories and healthy for your cardiovascular system. As an ex-smoker (2yrs!!), I enjoy cardio and using my lungs. Now strength train is important too in order to tone and build muscle for increased calorie burn around the clock. I have seen the success stories of the women who lift and look fantastic. I do some strength training too. My butt is literally in pain as I type from yesterday's workout.

What I want to know:

I hate the back of my legs, I have like a pocket that bulges slightly right under my butt. Not cool. I also have saddle bags that I really could live without. I do work my arms and abs but I never have had a big problem with those areas in the past.

Any suggestions on how to remedy these areas would be very helpful:) And if I am wrong above, will you please set me straight?

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit + time + patience == success
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Weighted Squats, plus calorie deficiet, time.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Can't target areas for fat loss, sorry. Your body puts it where it wants to, and uses it from where it wants to.

Commit to a long term strength training program, sprinke it with regular cardio, eat right, and in a blink (ei months/years) everything you don't like will be gone.

No shortcuts. :)
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Find a Walk Away the Pounds with toning bands. They tone from the shoulders down with cardio to boot. It ranges from 1 to 5 miles.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Can't target areas for fat loss, sorry. Your body puts it where it wants to, and uses it from where it wants to.

Commit to a long term strength training program, sprinke it with regular cardio, eat right, and in a blink (ei months/years) everything you don't like will be gone.

No shortcuts. :)

^^^^
    THIS
  • rawfitness
    rawfitness Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Diet is key. Do a variety of leg exercises likes squats, lunges, step ups, and straight leg deadlifts.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Between running, strength traing (3 whole days devoted to leg strength training) and Yoga I have managed to get rid of my saddlebags and have legs I am proud to show of! It has taken me a good 8 months though and they still need a decent amount of work! :)
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Posts 2 and 3 + deadlift variant
  • rebeccalray5
    Options
    Thanks everyone:) As you might guess, I tend to be a bit impatient. Okay, I'm really impatient. Thank you all for your responses. I'll just keep on trucking:)