iphone apps for tracking running

Options
I have the map my run app for my phone and I was happy with it but yesterday my app didn't seem right especially when I turned around at the 3 mile point and then it told me I was at 6 miles about .25 before my end point. Does anyone have any apps suggests or apps they have been happy with.

Replies

• krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    It's android, but who knows, maybe they have it on iphone too... jogtracker. I love it because you can set notifications so every minute it tells me how long and how far I've run... If you watch it, it will tell you your pace too, but I keep it in an arm band when I run. I use pandora while running and it interrupts that to speak to me. really like it
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    How much Data do these apps burn? I only have 200 MBS a month and don't want to eat it up.
  • AlisonMacKay
    Options
    How much Data do these apps burn? I only have 200 MBS a month and don't want to eat it up.

I'm not sure...
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use Run Keeper and a few of my friends do as well. We haven't had any problems with it.
  • tracivee
    tracivee Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Endomondo is the best. I love everything about it. It's all GPS enabled, you can track routes, save routes, send pep talks, etc. LOVE IT!
  • ashleyjoy80
    Options
    I swear by my Garmin because when I used apps they'd crash and not be as accurate.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper girl here!
  • kikicr
    kikicr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've used the NIke+ app. Heard the Zombie run is great fun, in case you need motivation :smile:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Endomondo is great.
  • just1jules
    just1jules Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bumping - I need to check this apps out!
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper and absoloutely love it.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I use walkmeter, but you can use it for a variety of exercises and it has a training mode as well.
  • AlisonMacKay
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!
  • jenniferlaughs
    jenniferlaughs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zombies,Run! that is the app that turned me into a runner!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Another vote for RunKeeper.

I used MapMyRun app for about 2 runs - it never found my GPS location despite being 400 miles away between the two runs. That's when I found out about RunKeeper.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Another vote for endomondo! I love it for everything...biking walking, etc.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've used both Endomondo and iRunFree. Both do well. Endomondo gives you tracking of various exercises if you need more than running.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Nike+ running app.. It tells you as much or as little as possible, you can store "power songs" and run against your friends if you want to! It's been very accurate in terms of all information it gives me. I highly recommend it!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I'm not sure...

probably a lot, since the GPS is running the entire time.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Endomondo for sure.