Torture me :)

I'm putting together a (mostly) body weight circuit for tonights workout. Low impact lower body (almost finished healing a lightly sprained ankle), upper body, and core. I'll have access to a TRX, medicine balls, kettlebells, dumbbells and barbells, but want to keep it light - this is for cardio, not strength. Hit me with your most brutal exercises!

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Bump:)
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    wish i had more insight for you, bumping to see what you get!!!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    One more bump, just throw out your favorite (or least favorite) body weight exercises :)
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Burpees and mountain climbers

Jump rope

High knee running in place

edited to say okay maybe not so great with rehabbing a sprained ankle... I'll keep thinking! lol :tongue:
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    I'd give you an ab circuit to put in there. Do multiple sets of various types of crunches. Start with regular. Add oblique crunches. Then pelvic lifts. 25 of each (that's 25 each side for the obliques!) and do them each 3 times.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    burpees, burpees and more burpees.
  • Running up and down hills in a zig zag pattern. Makes your legs feel like they are going to fall off!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    How long of a workout are you looking for? If you need something quick, tabata would be less than 10 minutes, and give you an excellent cardio workout!!
    http://trainnowlivelater.blogspot.com/2010/04/upper-body-tabata-intervals.html

If you have more time and want to work more areas, I can come up with something else.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Punch to face= brutal.....

You're welcome.
  • FireFae
    FireFae Posts: 40
    Pistol squats!!! Can't do a single one :D
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    My circuit so far -
    10 Burpees
    20 Mountain Climbers
    20 TRX Bicep curls
    20 Crunches
    10 Burpees
    20 Pistol Squats
    20 Decline Push Ups
    20 Wood chops
    10 Burpees
    20 Lunges
    20 TRX rows
    20 Plank pike

I'll either think of a few more rounds, or just repeat long enough - this is replacing an 10 k interval run that my ankle isn't quite ready for. Burpees I've tried and can land on my good foot:)