boot camp work out

Options
Has anyone tried a six week boot camp work out? How did you like it?

Replies

• insidemelookingout
    Options
    I do an on going boot camp. It is hard the first few times but you will get use to it. You feel your body getting stronger as the weeks go by.
  • Lothar69
    Options
    I just started going to boot camp classes a few weeks ago. Exercise is not something that I have ever "loved". I've never been able to sustain an exercise program for an extended period of time (more than a few months). My problem has always been when I try to work out on my own, it is too easy for me to get tired or sore and then I would quit in the middle of the workout. Eventually I just quit going altogether.

With the boot camp classes, once I get to the class, I'm in it for the whole hour. I'm not on a set schedule of classes but the gym I joined offers tons of boot camp classes nearly every day so I can almost aways find one that fits into my schedule. They are tough classes but to my surprise, they are literally one size fits all. Beginners cut down on reps, dumbell weight, length of runs, etc...and each exercise we do has a variety of difficulty levels. So in all of the classes that I've been in there are people that have been doing them for years and are extremely fit and trim and there are fatties like me.

I was at first really intimidated by the people that are super fit but they are too busy to pay attention to what anyone else is doing and many of them started out in terrible shape and overweight themselves so they get it. My classes have all been very supportive as well. The instructors are very positive and don't yell and scream like what they show on the Biggest Loser. Every class is different so I never get bored.

For me, at least so far, boot camp classes really work. I would strongly recommend them. Shop around a little and get a feel for if they are the right fit for you.