Green Tea Extract

Options
Good morning! My cousin was telling me Green Tea extract pills have helped her energy-has anyone else taken them and found that is the case? Do they need to be taken in conjunction with any other vitamin? Thanks for any input you have!

Replies

• terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I took some vitamins that had green tea in them (supposed to help weight). I felt better but I think that was more the vitamins, and no.. no weight loss.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    bump for lack of response :) Anyone at all have any experience with this herb? Thanks!!
  • MadgieDO
    MadgieDO Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea rather than the pills. I read a scientific article stating that the active ingredients and antioxidants in green tea that help you lose weight doesn't translate into the pills well. According to the article shoot for 3 servings (6 oz each) daily. I've found that it has helped me lose weight as part of an over-all healthy eating plan.

Hope that helps.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your input!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    The energy is most likely due to it's caffeine content...
  • infamousmamibx
    Options
    they seem to help me with energy.. its true that combined with diet and exercise they really kickstarted my weight loss but after 15lbs i feel like they stopped working so i stopped taking them and right away i started regaining and lost my mojo at the gym lol
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea because I like it and it's full of anti-oxidants.