Working Mom-Struggling to do it all-100 lbs to lose

Options
124»

Replies

• terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Single working mom with a 15 year old and the worlds coolest labradoodle. Somehow beyond work and my personal life I find time to volunteer about 20 hours a week. It's all a juggle and I won't even pretend to have the answers of how to juggle cause quite honestly I often don't know myself. I always just try to do my best and remember what my priorities are. The laundry will wait till tomorrow, the weeds in the garden can wait an extra week and its not the end of the world if I don't wash the dishes after dinner. Took me a LONG time to realize this (aka...my 'excuses' for not taking care of me). I started with 100 lbs exactly to lose. Have lost about 35 of it in the last 7 months so while it may not always seem like much I know that I am making better choices for my life now.

You all can do this too! It just takes some dedication, support and encouragement. I'm happy to provide the latter two to those that people that want it. Feel free to add me!
  • 125goalannacan
    Options
    Yes!!! I have a 17 year old who just started his Senior year (very stressful trying to prepare him for college) and a 12 year old who just started playing football (expensive and time consuming). I'm a single mom and have been the entire lives of my boys, whom I cherish with every part of who I am. I struggle, not so much with being heavy, but just eating better and getting motivated to work out. I have definately gained some weight and feel yucky! I would love to be able to enjoy next summer in clothes that are not baggy around the belly! lol I understand how you must feel and YES! I'd love to connect and stay motivated! Warning: I need alot of pushing! I don't like to work out and I love sweets! Blah! I need tons of help to change that! :):sad:
  • lululucky1
    lululucky1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Gosh sounds like my life:)...except I have a chocolate lab:) :smile:
  • shannonmci
    shannonmci Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I work full time, have three kids, and a husband that works second shift. The kids are 13, 11, and 4. The two older ones are in a lot of sports, and its just me to run them around at night now since the hubs works second shift. I am left to do all for the kids in the evenings along with cooking. The only time I have for me is 4:00 in the morning which is when I exercise. I have come to love and really appreciate this time that is all mine!
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Me time? What is that? I call my 5:00am work outs me time-- ahhhh a run with nothing but the iPod- or weights with Pandora, and the cats of course. Life is good!!! Busy is good.
  • girbear08
    Options
    Anyone else out there struggling with trying to do it all?

I'm Melissa-38 years old & have a 2 year old daughter, a husband, a yellow lab & live in Colorado. I have a super demanding job in the legal field and am active in some Volunteer/Community work as well.

Demanding job, busy 2 year old, husband, eat right, exercise, keep the house clean, do the laundry, cook healthy meals, find time for "me," and trying to not let the stress of it all ruin the best of intentions.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I'd love to connect with some people who are in similar situations and see if we can support eachother through all the chaos of trying to do it all!

**Friend me if you can relate and maybe we can support eachother to being "Super Woman" or "Super Man."

Good Luck to everyone!!

I have a very active 8 year old (week schedule includes: Counseling, Ballet, Baseball, Soccer, Math and Reading tutoring,Chess club, Girl Scouts, and art classes on top of regular school and home work). I am currently working 40+ hours a week (not including a 2 hour drive each day) and have a wonderful husband (even when he isnt the most supportive of the diet (he loves to eat out, especially buffets and refuses to eat unless I do). I cant afford a gym and the one at our apartment is junk (3 machines all for the legs only) so I have to make up my own gym at home. And I am a huge emotional eater. I have come to know that we all have our own demons when it comes to maintaining our health and find that the right support is always needed.
    Good luck in your goals and for sharing. If you want please feel free to add me and remember you are a "Super Woman" every day you get out of bed.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    yep, I'm a strugglin'...

Single mom of three kids here...

Full time teacher who is a work-a-hol-ic and puts in 60+ hours into her work...

Sunday school teacher and children's ministry assistant

Daughter of mother who is in early stages of alzheimer's

Ummm yeah... I think that about covers it... oh, my eating habits lately? NEED HELP. I've lost 40+ pounds but am not at a stand still. ...:(
  • jenn0113
    jenn0113 Posts: 25
    Options
    I am a working mom with 2 kids. The best thing I ever did was to carve out 30 minutes a day for myself. I bought all the Jillian Michaels DVDs so I could workout at home. I send my kids into another room and they watch tv or play games. Everyone needs time for themselves.

This is exactly what I have started to do. The kids have to leave me alone for 30 minutes a day now. Its really the only ME time I get.
  • RockyMtnJhawk
    Options
    Ok-full on confession time. I have been off the wagon and can't seem to find it.

I continually make bad choices...I know I'm making a bad choice and I make them anyway. I feel totally out of control.

Work is insanely busy and I'm feeling like the house is out of control right now too-not dirty but cluttered...feels like when work and home are crazy my eating is too.

Not really sure what I'm doing here...maybe just confessing in hopes that tomorrow I'll get everything back in order and start getting all areas of my life on track.

Ugh...
  • ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • newatbritt
    newatbritt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa and everyone else! So glad to read all of these posts. I currently work a 50+ hour/week job from home, am in grad school, and help out with a few charity events here and there. Life has been rough the last year and I turned to food for comfort, life now just isn't where I imagined it to be a year ago. I'm having difficulty trying to balance finding something healthy to eat when I often work through lunch and don't stop until 6 or 7 at night. I am grateful to have a husband that truly believes in splitting up housework and cooking, but his cooking isn't exactly healthy! I spend my weekends making batches of steel cut oatmeal during the week and freezing semi-healthy meals for us, but, sometimes there isn't even time to defrost that. Looking for friends who are going through this journey. I have about 80 pounds to lose to my goal weight, I'm putting my running (walking) shoes on and learning to eat less dessert. Hoping this weight loss journey turns out permanent and positive.
  • ROWinCO
    Options
    I can totally relate! I am on the Western Slope, I will send a friend request.:wink:
  • RockyMtnJhawk
    Options
    A year later...and I'm getting back on the wagon, having lost not a single pound. :sad:

If you can relate to being a working mom and would like to help each other get healthier and work towards our goals...friend me! :blushing: