Food diary ?

Options
I was wondering if the food diary counts total carbs (carbs + sugar - fiber) or just carb count?
Thanks!!! Berry

Replies

• carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It accounts for total carbs and then also breaks those down into your micros including sugar and fiber.
  • berryjwells
    berryjwells Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great thanks! I almost freaked when my trainer told me to make sure if it was done that way b/c I wasn't sure if I could stay under carbs if they were all seperate! SHEW!
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    No problem!
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Please note - that some foods are entered with a net effective carb count because us low Carb people do not count fiber or sugar alcohol as Carbs so make sure you pick the right version on the food item
  • marthathebear
    Options
    when you are in your food diary go to setting and you can change it to count everything differently if you want to.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Oh interesting point on the net carbs. I didn't know that. Oh well I usually don't eat nearly the amount of carbs MFP says to anyway and I eat over on the protein and it works fine for me.
  • erikarois
    Options
    like the post said you can have it track things differently. and change your goals up too! don't be afraid to click things and see what they do.
  • berryjwells
    berryjwells Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am low carbing...under 60 a day. How do I make sure that I cam getting the right count. I tried to go into the goals and change it, but didn't see where to get total carb count. And when selecting food should I look for ones that say (net carbs). And what do you mean that low carbers don't count fiber and sugar alcohol? Do you just count sugars + carbs? Thanks! Berry