Does anyone zumba???

Options
I have always done spin classes and kickboxing but I just took a zumba class it was alot of fun (really sweat) but I was wondering if anyone has seen good results from zumba. Btw do the steps get easier I feel so spastic!

Replies

• nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Been doing Zumba since mid Jan. It took me about 2 months before I could master all the steps AND make the whole hour class without modification or stops.

My instructors are the best, and they keep things fun and change it up a lot.

I've lost over 30 lbs and 25 inches! I am a Zumbaholic and love it!
  • ToniZ60
    ToniZ60 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks thats what I did I kind of just broke off into my own dance moves sometimes Lol! I really hope I get better.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the instructors. With a great teacher, I love it. With an awful teacher it's, well, awful.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    in 2 months I've dropped 13lbs, but more importantly 17+ inches- 7.5 of those were from my torso alone! Yes, I'd say I'm seeing great results. :)
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i have only tried it once so far. i threw my back out dancing the same weekend after i tried it! grrr, so i have been off exercising for the last 2 weeks, but i looooved it! my cousin teaches it and even though she really didn't need to lose weight, she somehow lost 30 lbs and toned herself (she's now 50) and looks like a 35 year old! it's amazing.
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You will! But as long as you're having fun, moving and sweating, that's all that matters!
  • logansmom1995
    Options
    This is my 7th week of doing Zumba. I absolutely LOVE it! I have lost 5 lbs & over 15 inches and I have so much energy now! We are having a 90 minute class tonight & I cannot wait to get off from work & go. Yes, the steps will get easier for you. Just stick with it & have fun!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your instructor. But losing weight is 80% diet and only 20% exercise.
  • TeeNTee72
    TeeNTee72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 lbs after my second week of Zumba. I love it!!!
  • ReinaLorenz
    ReinaLorenz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have been doing zumba twice a week since May.....I love it!!!! I have lost 40 pounds( granted I do lots of other stuff also) It is so much fun...I started a class where noone had done it before and that was very nice...we could learn the steps and do a song a couple of times in a row to really learn it but it takes about 4 weeks before I was really comfortable with the moves....now I challenge the teacher to work you harder and kick our butts.... keep up the great work!!!
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba!!! it is my main workout, but I have the Xhilarate DVD's, haven't tried a class yet.

I have a body media fit, and I usually burn between 650-800 cals doing the hour long video. I personally like the DVD's because if I am looking a fool, at least I am the only one who sees me lol Haven't had the courage to go to an actual class yet but I hear they are awesome!

As for being spastic, give yourself some time and the steps will get easier, I wasn't the greatest when I started but I picked up pretty quickly and I rock out with them no problem! I also love on the dvd's it gives you the option to either do the workout with them talking or do it with just the music. I do just the music and it just feels like you are dancing! (i know how annoying listening to the trainers on the dvd programs can get, so nice not to have to listen to them all the time)

Keep it up, you will see a total difference in your body, my big butt is slowly disappearing!! lol

Good Luck!
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I JUST did Wii Zumba this morning for the first time EVER. I figured if I could learn the Zumba moves in the privacy of my own home, I won't be so...spastic...(to use your word) when I actually take a class.

I selected "Intermediate - Easy" and the "45-minute" option. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! And talk about SWEAT?! Oh, it's a helluva workout. I plan to incorporate it into my exercise regimen about 2-3 times per week.
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    THE QUESTION IS ..... WHO DOESNT ZUMBA! SUPER FUN WORKOUT!! IM GOING TODAY!!!!!
  • baylor110311
    baylor110311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba! I've been going for a little over a year and down 103 lbs.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Yes and love it!!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    LOVE Zumba! I've been doing it for a few months now and there are STILL steps that I mess up, but I have fun doing it! I'm not sure that I've seen results yet... I do it probably 5 days a week... I have a good friend who has been doing it for 6 months and she says it's the only thing that has cured her of thigh jiggle. I know it's a good calorie burn though and it passes the time so quickly that even if I don't see results, I'll keep on doing it!
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    nayy1228 your profile pic is amazing! And probably very true!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I want to try it too but suspect it's going to be too intensive for me at this weight but may give it a go anyway and just modify it for my ability level. I do Aqua Aerobics twice a week but I'm not the most co-ordinated of people!

Do you do this class in bare feet or gym shoes?
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I still cant get the steps right...and I've done it for months! Guess what..you sweat=good :laugh: and it gives you a legitimate reason to shake your rump without getting arrested...
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    I love it. I was 270 lbs when I started in Feb of 2011. I had to sit down in between songs, DURING songs, I'd stop and catch my breath. Eventually, and 106 lbs later, I can make it through the whole hour without sitting down at all. I'm getting my certification in October. That's my birthday present from my family and friends. :)

I love my instructor, and she's really excited that I'm going to be certified soon. She's got two small boys (and I have one small one and one big one) so we can make sure that people get their Zumba in for the week between the two of us. She can cover my class when I can't make it, and I can cover hers.

I am INCREDIBLY happy with Zumba. I love to move my body, and even though I have days that I don't want to go, once I'm there and moving, I am at my most happy :)