Busted my bee-you-double tee and have 300 surplus calories

Options
So after a hellish first day as a bona fide myfitnesspal member I find I have a surplus of 300 calories I can eat and still be on track for weight loss. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can treat myself to or would it behoove me to save up the 300 calories and add to them in the upcoming days so I can really go all out? I will say that these extra calories were earned by the sweat of my brow during a 4 mile bike ride, a 20 minute 2 mile run and a 30 minute weight lifting session. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I would not save up calories to use one day and go all out. I look at each day separately because your body isn't going to know that for the past three days you've stored up an extra 1k calories to go all out.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't save up the cals. You would probably end up going wayyyy over on sodium or something like that and then you would stall your weight loss for a few days. I'll tell ya what I just did...I ate 2 mini brownies with my extra cals :bigsmile: You should eat your leftover cals b/c, well, it's the cool thing to do :glasses:
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You should eat your leftover cals b/c, well, it's the cool thing to do :glasses:

LMAO! :laugh:
  • hglewis
    hglewis Posts: 11
    Options
    Well turns out I figured wrong on the size of a serving of whey protein (counted it twice) so now I have almost 500 calories to burn! I wonder what time Dairy Queen closes? I bet a banana split would be awesome right about now!
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I like to use extra calories on a bowl of cereal (I like special K, honey bunches, and fruity cheerios) and then I drink the milk from the bowl...yummy!

Def. don't store them and save them for another day. it will only mess with your metabolism.

i have 300 extra calories for the day...I'm going to partake in a glass of wine.... :drinker: