Weaknesses

Options
13»

Replies

• bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Chinese food. Glad it's so expensive, that's the only thing keeping me away.
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    sourdough bread, mashed potatoes, chinese food , toxic hell ( taco bell), cheesy creamy things, and ...chocolate.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Wotsits, I cannot have a multipack in the house as I'll start with good intentions of one bag and the calories aren't too bad but I'll end up eating 4, 5 or 6 bags...
  • mavericks15
    mavericks15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    AHHH pizza!!! Love me some pizza!! I did find this awesome recipe on pinterest which substitutes the dough for cauliflower crust (sounds weird, I know) - which is delicious!!! Very easy to prepare too and definitely satisfies my craving for 'real' pizza. Also, pretty healthy aside from the cheese, but you can always use low-fat mozzarella.

Here is the recipe in case anyone is interested:

Cauliflower Crust Pizza
    Serves 2; Adapted from Your Lighter Side.

Ingredients:
    1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp crushed garlic
    1/2 tsp garlic salt
    olive oil (optional)

pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your choice of toppings*

Directions:

To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
    Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes (some microwaves are more powerful than others, so you may need to reduce this cooking time). There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.

One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.

Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).

Enjoy!

*Note that toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.
  • mavericks15
    mavericks15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So there are a few weak spots in my diet. Seems like whenever I see it, I just have to have it. Luckily it is only a few things, but they are as follows:

Taco Bell (even though I think it has been at least 3 months since the last time I had some), Arizona Arnold Palmer Lite Half and Half, Cadbury Creme Eggs, chocolate and hot wings.

On the other hand I have also craved salads, squash, zuchinni and eggs recently. Maybe my body is trying to tell me to be healthier as well.

What are some of the not so good foods that you can not stay away from?

Are hot wings THAT bad for you? If they are baked, that is :)
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    I'm not into sweets...so I'm okay without it but my weakness is potato chips and coke...I don't like the baked chips kind and the diet soda...I like the real thing so, I basically stay away from the vending machine at my work lol!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I eat wings several times a week because I work at Wild Wing Cafe and I get them for free. I limit them and try to fit them into my macros but at over 100 calories EACH, it's hard to do.

Weaknesses also include, taco bell and chipotle... And any combination of peanut butter and chocolate (especially frozen. Frozen reeces cups, holy sweet jesus.)
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    Mine are pizza, cereal, cookies. LOL I have been able to fight the urges.

Now I'm hungry. :P
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Java chip ice cream ......mmmmm
    Dos Equis lager
  • leahsays
    leahsays Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting Cadbury's this time of year?! :tongue:

My weakness if french fries. Always will be, especially from Del Taco. Or a stiff drink. I can stay away from beer, but I love rum too much to give it up.
  • leahsays
    leahsays Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Free Chocolate.

BBQ Chips wrapped in Honey Ham slices.

Popcorn shrimp, or chiciken.

3 day old, stale Cheetos.

I thought I was the only person who wrapped chips in sliced deli meat!
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I saw some kind of Halloween version of Cadbury Creme Eggs at a gas station a few days ago. I had to walk away very quickly.
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    Oreos and Fudgeos!! I really have to stop cause it's truly really putting my calories throughy the roof. Anyone have a substitute this things as dessserts?
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Chinese Food, McDonalds, or these thick slices of various gourmet cakes that they sell for $1.00 at the local convenience/grocery store. :[
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    French Vanilla Coffee Creamer. I just love it. Although I have been using less, and adding coconut almond milk to my coffee as well.

I have a peanut butter addiction too, but I manage to work that into my diet every day. :) Just don't leave me alone with a spoon and a jar while I am hungry, haha.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    The bakery at my grocery store makes somthing called a Chocolate Chip Yo Yo cookie. Basically take two chocolate chip cookies and dip half of them in chocolate sauce. Then make a sandwich of your two cookies with buttercream frosting in between. Then a little dollop of buttercream on top. Luckily for me, they don't make them very often (I only see them there once every three months or so) and I actually get one every time I see that they have them and make sure to fit them into my calories for the day where before I would sit down with two at a time and no exercise to balance them. Still a weakness as I really love them, but now I prepare for it and can enjoy it more that way knowing it isn't hurting me.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Ice cream - I can't keep it in the house.

Ditto
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options

My weakness if french fries. Always will be, especially from Del Taco. Or a stiff drink. I can stay away from beer, but I love rum too much to give it up.

What tammy said. Halloween green cream filled eggs. They are called Cadbury Screme Eggs.
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    Cheese is the big one. I also have a serious weakness for the store-made spinach artichoke dip. It is my krypotonite.

Actually, truth be told, food in general is my weakness. I get an impulse for something and go into seeking mode. And then I get another impulse, and another, and soon the detritus of another failed food day litters the couch around me.
  • RancidPolecat2
    Options
    Taco Bell (even though I think it has been at least 3 months since the last time I had some), Arizona Arnold Palmer Lite Half and Half, Cadbury Creme Eggs, chocolate and hot wings.

Fortunately, Cadbury Creme Eggs do not come in those 2kg bags. Unlike their Mini Eggs (took me 36 hours to finish them off).