Peanut Butter

Options
13»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat it when I'm trying to get some calories in my system. I got to eat so much of it last night. Yum!

I just bought PB2. It tastes good on sandwiches but not that great anywhere else. I'd recommend it if you really like peanut butter but it's taking up too many calories.
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Moderation is key. I get the natural stuff without all the added fat, sugar & sodium. You can also grind your own in most of the natural food sections of grocery stores so it is also void of all that stuff you don't need :flowerforyou:
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Eat PB2, it's half the calories. Or if you don't go with that, at least eat something natural like Peanut Butter and Co. or Trader Joe's.

Avoid brands like Jif and Skippy.

PB2 is the bomb!
  • gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    PB and J fiber one bars taste like peanut butter. I try to substitute and still get the amazing flavor of peanut butter
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I get just-peanuts peanut butter and don't feel bad about it. Healthy fats and great peanut taste without the unnecessary sugar. :smile:
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have 20g on wholemeal toast every morning. I love it.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I eat 1-2 Tbs almost every morning on toast or a banana. Keeps me full for hours! My favorite is Laura Scudder- it's all-natural, no sugar but a little saltier than some of the other natural ones.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have 1-2 tbsp a day, sometimes more...I love it so much I was actually considering changing my username to "PeanutButterBreath". :smile: I add it to my protein shakes, to oatmeal, and sometimes just eat a spoonful sprinkled with dark chocolate chips if I feel like I need something sweet after dinner. I buy the all natural stuff from Trader Joe's. I love it and it has had no negative impact on my fitness journey.
  • jodilo88
    jodilo88 Posts: 63
    Options
    I'd say I'd eat it every other day...I haven't lately because my boyfriend seems to think buying one loaf of bread on pay day is acceptable. News flash: with him taking two sandwiches to work 5x a week and having a bodybuilder roommate who eats PB&J out the wah-zoo, not quite.

But when we buy more than one loaf? Absolutely. Every other day. I've been told it's not good to eat it EVERY day because of the fat and sugar content. But then there came a day where my boyfriend (who makes his own food - most of it anyway) decided to make his own peanut butter. He threw some Walmart peanuts, honey, olive oil, and a bit of granulated sugar into the food processor and BAM! Homemade peanut butter. Better than the store-bought stuff! Now THAT I'd eat every day. =P

(I should add we don't have a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's or the equivalent here. We do however have a natural food market, but I forget if they sell peanut butter.)