Lunch Ideas Needed!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you've prepared a healthy dinner, there is nothing easier than leftovers for lunch the next day!
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump! Im in the same boat, i rotate between PB&J and Tuna. lol.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Do you have a way to keep your food cold? Of course vegetables are a given, but you want some good low-fat protein too..Other ideas are hard boiled eggs, hummus, tzatziki togowith your veg..there are some good lower sodium/lower fat cracker choices instead of bread, pasta or rice. I like Ryvita crisp bread or the sodium reduced stoned wheat thins
    Or triscuits all have good filling fibre
    The light version of mini baby bells or laughing cow give you a portion controlled, cheese / dairy option
    Try a farmers market to get some deals on fruit and veg..as said before, leftovers are a great option...cook once, eat twice!
    All the best S you continue your studies and work towards better health and fitness!
  • jillilyn
    jillilyn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make ham roll ups with thin sliced ham, low fat cottage cheese & baby spinach leafs. Yummy! Just container everything separate until you're ready to eat, then roll em up and BAM! Good protein, low fat & filling. :)
  • TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leanbodylifestyle

He makes all kinds of healthy snacks/meals. I have already tried the frozen protein chocolate covered bananas and the pumpkin pie protein yogurt. They were great!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like making a big crockpot full of vegetable soup on the weekend and take it a few days a week for lunch. low sodium beef broth, potatoes, baby carrots, mushrooms, zuchini and frozen mixed vegies (I don't put meat in but you could). cook the broth, potatoes and carrots until they are almost done then add everything else and cook until hot. 2 cups = 175 calories.
  • JeNaKizz
    JeNaKizz Posts: 19
    Options
    Prepare and bake some other fishes such as salmon, tilapia, pollock, or even chicken,etc and spice it up with your favorite seasonings. It would be great for salad toppings and you'll get your protein out of it.

For snacks - bake some kale chips, sweet potatoe fries with olive oil and cinnamon. Pack some edamames from TJs
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Any ideas for people that don't have access to a fridge at work?
  • EmilyJaneRigali
    Options
    1/2 TBSP butter
    1 small onion
    1 clove garlic
    1/2 cup cooked white rice
    1tbsp soy sauce.

Fry up the butter, onion, and garlic, and then add the white rice and soy sauce.

Then scramble an egg in the microwave and throw it in with the rice. It's YUMMY, you have carbs and complete protein, and it's only like 235 cal so you have room for something else too. :)

that would work... i'd probably replace the white rice with brown though. and i also do low sodium soy sauce... have you ever seen the amount of sodium in 1 tablespoon?! it's CRAZY!!!!! i think i might do that though... maybe for tomorrow :)

*grin* Yeah, I know there's a lot of sodium, but...isn't that what gives it the taste? Is low sodium as good? By all means though, tweak it to suit your needs! Brown rice is a good idea...I'll try that next time. (Just happened to have white rice on hand today. :D)

yeah, but it still has like 500mg of sodium in it (even in the low sodium one) for just 1 tablespoon. it tastes exactly the same. i always get low sodium stuff. and i rarely add additional salt and pepper on stuff. i have a palate for low sodium foods which i like to think is what kept me from gaining as much weight as i could have.
  • EmilyJaneRigali
    Options
    these are all awesome ideas! thanks everyone!!!!!