Looking for online running/weightloss friends!

Options
Hi!

I am new to MFP and I am trying to lose 30 pounds. I have also had a long time goal of being able to run 5K (at least for starters:))! I started journaling my food only 2 days ago and have started interval training on alternating days to work towards 5K.

I am hoping to meet people with similar goals to be motivational friends. I usually walk/jog on my treadmill at home so some online running buddies, who are also trying to shed a few pounds, would be great!

Please send me a friend request if you have similar goals and would like to support each other!

Thanks,
Kirsten

Replies

• SunShineInJuly
    Options
    Hey Kirsten!

That's so funny because I'm doing couch2 5k as well and I want to lose 40 pounds!

I hope that we achieve our goals whilst becoming fitness ladies :)
  • carmentownes
    carmentownes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi...My name is Carmen. I lost 30 pounds last summer doing the C25K program. I got off track and gained 20 of it back :-(. I recently started running again (last week). I am now on my second week of C25K and I am really motivated this time. It's a little easier now because my kids ride their bikes while I run so we all get great exercise. Good luck to you! Running really does feel awesome
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    Hey!! I've lost 20 lbs and am now trying to lose the last of it, about 15, now. I'm doing it through running, working out regularly, and eating healthy. Add me if you would like! I love having friends with similar goals :)
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I will be sending you a friend request. I think I am finally ready to tackle my goal of running a 5k as well. I also walk/run on the treadmill and will begin tonight. I wish you much success on this journey. We can do this!

Btw, my goal is to run the Turkey Trot 5K here in our town on Thanksgiving Day. Do you have a target race set?
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I did c25k last year and never quit running. I have another 5K next weekend and then a half marathon Nov 3. Running partners are worth their weight in gold! Send me a friend request if you like!
  • mermer45
    mermer45 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Been doing the alternative day fast for 4 weeks after seeing the horizon programme. I eat around 2400 calories on feed days and around 600 on fast days (1 meal). I exercise 4-5 times each week. So far lost around 2.8kg and 2.5% body fat. I've had a couple of days where I've found it tough but generally the fasting has been easier than expected.

Interested in sharing experiences and joint encouragement. Also interested in the underlying science in why fasting (CR) seems to have health benefits.
  • sonyagruman
    Options
    Hi I am a new runner as well just finished my first week of my program. so excited I will be doing my first 5k next year you can add me if you like and anybody else who needs an extra friend
    good luck and you can do it
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    i'm jasmine and i like to run! i had a goal of being able to complete a half marathon, but since i've injured myself i want to be able to be ready (and have a decent time) for the 5k for run to feed the hungry this november. anyone can add me!
  • txmaryk
    txmaryk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kristen I started running/walking June 24 (never ran before) with the Tinkerbell half marathon in January as my goal.

I realized I was about to turn 50 and needed to discard a good 75+ pounds and no real goal in sight. So I signed up for the Tink and hit the treadmill and now the streets. As of today I have discarded 17 of those pounds and am heading out tonight to do a 5K fun run.

I do a run/walk/run interval and right now I run 1 min walk 1 1/2 min and have about a 14 min/mile pace most of the time.

I would be happy to be a friend for online motivation. Send me a request and I will try to figure out how to accept. Not real familiar with message boards just yet but I will get there.
  • countsenseless
    countsenseless Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My only goal is my freakin military stamina test run. A mile and a half in 9 mins
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi Kirsten,
    I used to be a much more avid runner and got into it again last year; I've run a couple 1/2 marathons.
    I do hour runs most days of the week. And I have a running friend from yoga class who is inspiring me to commit to another 1/2 marathon. We run a couple hours- usually on a weekend morning. We stop periodically to walk a minute or two then resume.
    I have 30 pounds to lose, too. I lost 12 more than were I am at but put it back on and am working to get it off again.
    I also bike and do hot yoga.
    I support those in my corner and would love to have motivators/supporters to get me into the mindset of commitment.
    Thanks for your post. Feel free to add me if you wish!

Brenda
  • rohrermr
    Options
    Hi, I am Melissa and I also have a goal to run again, I have been spinning and running off and on since March and I have not really gotten any results. I need someone to make me accountable as well.
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I started running and was doing quite well with it until I sustained a concussion and had to stop doing much of anything for approximately four months. Of course, once I tried to resume, I'd lost a lot of my stamina, and I have been working on trying to regain it. I'm not flat out running again yet...more of a run/walk...but I'm determined to get back there. In the meantime I am registered to participate in the Terry Fox Run in two weeks, which is 10K. Even if I can't run it all like I had hoped to, I will raise money for cancer research so figure it's a worthwhile endeavour regardless.

Feel free to add me if you're interested.
  • pattie317
    pattie317 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That would be me!! Welcome!