been down to 1200 cals for four days now and not lost any!

Options

Replies

• McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I've been playing the lotto for like 15 years and I haven't won yet.
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Seriously?????
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Come on now. It's only been 4 days. It took more than 4 days to put on it's going to take more than 4 days to take off. ESPECIALLY if you don't have that much to lose in the first place. It's not going to be THAT easy lol
  • 23anna24
    23anna24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree. Not eating enough calories will put your body into starvation mode causing it to store fat resulting slow results.
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I vote troll, the two posts are one day apart!!
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I hate threads like this when people expect results overnight you are either a troll or just dumb, never friend me.
  • Icanloseweight6
    Options
    I know how you feel. But it will come off just keep at it.
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! It will work! 1200 cals is where I started and after a week I started losing weight. Follow the guidelines MFP give you- trust it! Also, measure you bust, waist, hips and I PROMISE if you're working out and eating at or below your calories (being honest when counting your intake) you will see progress in inches and then lbs!!!
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how long it takes to show progress! I am tracking everything and working out and still have not lost anything. it is just getting very frustrating.

When you have deficit effectively 3500 calories for the week, you will have one lbs lost. But this will be a 100% dry lbs. Meaning, if you eat, drink, or haven't had a bowel movement, this is going to add to your weight. The best time to weigh yourself is after your shower (naked) and before you eat any food in the morning. The overnight fasting will provide the caloric burn necessary to make sure that you are ready to show your real weight.

Weigh in every Monday morning and only have THOSE weigh-ins affect your mood. If you go from Monday to Monday and you didn't lose anything, then it's time to look at the diary and see what you ate that is causing you to retain water (is your sodium over 1500?) or causing you to digest sugar all day instead of burn fat (are you eating starchy foods or tons of complex carbs?). Once you analyze your foods and correct the issues, go another Monday to Monday. If no weight is lost, then it must be an issue with your balancing of macros. Each meal needs to be balanced. You can't eat steak without veggies. You can't eat an egg without fruit. You can't eat a salad without chicken/shrimp. When you match carbs to proteins, you will not only lose weight better, but you will also stay full longer. 2 carbs to 1 protein is a good ratio if you aren't exercising; else 3:2 (in grams) would be better.

Good luck. Check my diary if you'd like. I've been below 1200 calories since April and lost 62 lbs. I am only just now starting to go up in calories to maintain my weight.
  • EccentricDad
    Options
    I hate threads like this when people expect results overnight you are either a troll or just dumb, never friend me.

Insensitive egomaniacs shouldn't post in forum posts with newbies. Please be respectful. You were in this person's shoes once (not knowing what they were doing). Show some integrity and be civil and ignore people you feel you are "above".
  • desirae1976
    desirae1976 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Check my diary if you'd like. I've been below 1200 calories since April and lost 62 lbs. I am only just now starting to go up in calories to maintain my weight.

I love how you labled your meals, nibbles, supplements, indulgences. This works well for me since I work night shift and am always flipping back and forth between days and nights. I copied this for my diary settings.
  • EccentricDad
    Options

I love how you labled your meals, nibbles, supplements, indulgences. This works well for me since I work night shift and am always flipping back and forth between days and nights. I copied this for my diary settings.

Thank you. Numbering the meals takes away the guilt of eating breakfast food at dinner or dinner foods at breakfast. IMO, food is food and as long as I'm eating to live, it shouldn't matter what society thinks as to when I should be eating it. Eggs for dinner? No, eggs for 3rd meal :)
  • super_monty
    Options

Insensitive egomaniacs shouldn't post in forum posts with newbies. Please be respectful. You were in this person's shoes once (not knowing what they were doing). Show some integrity and be civil and ignore people you feel you are "above".

I am all for helping people and have spent time doing so.

ALSO look at the other users post, ' I been dieting for 3 days and not lost an oz'

Are you sure the op isnt trolling? i have never met anyone who has 'expected' to lose weight in 4 days.
  • illusio
    illusio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing for **3 weeks**, despite gym-ing and walking. Admittedly not every day's eating was perfect, but overall my intake had dropped a lot and my calorie burn had gone up massively.

This week I've lost 6lbs (was 160lbs so a big chunk for my size) . Madness, but I'm not going to get sniffy about it all coming at once. If you burn more than you take it, it WILL drop.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Srly?

Patience.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    ummmm 4 days? Did you gain all the weight in 4 days?
  • super_monty
    Options
    ummmm 4 days? Did you gain all the weight in 4 days?

The OP also complains that they have not lost weight after 3 days.

If the thread is real best advise..

weight yourself once a month only please
    that's how to best check your progress without being disappointed and obsessed with the scales.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1200-1400 a day and working out HARD seven hours a week and lost nothing for six weeks!!!! Then the pounds started to drop. You neeeeeed to stick with it! Good luck! X
  • Come on dont loose the hope.... we all had worked hard for years.... eating eating and eating and gaining that extra pounds.. we can't expect it to loose in 4 days..... you need to be consisent and keep your hopes high.......... one suggestion.. whenever i feel low.... i use to read through one of the success stories available in myfitnesspal.... that give me alotof motivation..... keep your hopes high... we all are here for a reason and we will achieve that...
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I only started actively watching my diet and keeping track of my weight 9days ago... Ive lost 6lbs so far but ive also been working out pretty rigorously for last 2-3wks

Id hazard a guess that it takes longer to lose the weight initially at least if the only thing your doing is watching your calories
    are you doing any exercise?