10lb mark- change settings?

Options
I am about to hit the 10lb mark on MFP. I know MFP will ask me if I want to change settings. What are the reasons for doing it and should I do it? I have actually already hit the 10lb mark since starting MFP because I rounded off the lb when I set it up. However, I have actually lost 27lbs over all since the end of March. When I started out I was eating about 1400 to 1500/day and when I signed up with MFP I changed closer to it's suggestion. I get about 1200 to 1375 a day.

I still have 29lbs to lose, so my gut is that I should just keep going like I am. Is this the right approach or should I change my settings?

Replies

• adm1980
    adm1980 Posts: 17
    Options
    BUMP

I did surpass it today with 11lbs. I still don't know if I need to change goals or not. I just left it alone until I get some input on what it would benefit to change the settings.
  • adm1980
    Options
    Bump again..sorry
  • adm1980
    Options
    I guess it doesn't really matter anyway. I told it to update, this morning after I lost a little more, just to see what would happen. It changed nothing, so I guess I still have too much to lose.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i would not change it until you stop noticing results, unless you just want to cuz it will cut down your allowed calories... also, clicking the little prompt button doesnt change it, you have to go into your settings and actually update your fitness profile or whatever it is for it to change anything, otherwise you will keep getting the prompt everytime weigh in, unless u clicked the "don't ask for another 10 lbs" box
  • adm1980
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I did go in and update the profile settings, it still said the same for all the values I track. That's ok. I'm doing good with what I'm at right now. Maybe it will change in another 10lbs or so.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I ignore it and let my dietician set my calories and percentages whenever needed. I think in the 10 1/2 months, she has only changed them once since my initial start date.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I changed my settings when I only had 5 pounds left because I wanted to sort of wean myself off of a strictly controlled diet and make it more of a sustainable lifestyle. Soon after I reached my goal (125) I stopped using MFP for around 3 months to try to maintain my weight or maybe lose a couple more pounds, and I did! MFP made me very aware of my macros and what I ate (too much/not enough) and I just learned to listen to my body. Now I set a new weight loss goal and I'm using MFP again.
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I decided to change the settings...yes my calorie allowance went lower...but it just motivated to exercise more to gain more calorie allowance so I now exercise more and I feel better now than before..