Really overdid it at dinner tonight, feel sick!

Options
I am on vacation with my family and we went out to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes and I really ate some things I shouldn't have and just over did it in general. I feel horrible! I feel like my stomach is about to explode and there is literally so much pressure in my stomach right now that I feel like I might throw up at any second! My body isn't used to consuming so much food and those types of food that I'm really suffering right now. Why did I do this to myself and can someone put me out of my misery? :sad:

Replies

• windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    mmm. i love sweet tomatoes it's my favorite restaurant.
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's part of the reason why I'm glad there aren't any Sweet Tomatos near me!!! I'd over do it too :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Sleep it off. AKA, go into a food coma. Get in a morning workout. That's what I'd do.
  • seashman
    seashman Posts: 51
    Options
    I've always found that drinking a lot of water helps. Going for a long walk typically works too. If all else fails, just sleep it off. You'll feel better in the morning and you can get back on track then.
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling. I usually lay down and try to relax, maybe even fall asleep. Just kick your butt during tomorrow's workout.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Grab a nice glass of water, put on a movie and sleep it off

/I did that tonight with wicked yummy hamburger pizza and will be doing the above!
  • torrmairi
    torrmairi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Veg out with a hot water bottle, go for a walk or just sleep if you can get the rest (when I overeat my heart starts pounding, so I usually have to sit it out for a while). Get some light exercise and plenty of water in tomorrow. :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Try drinking some water.

Whenever my sister and I go to Sweet Tomatoes, we eat until we're sick. I remember one time we were trying to buckle our seat belts afterward and started groaning in pain.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I second going for a walk if you can bear it, if not, I also like the food coma plan/workout in the morning plan :) indulgence once in a while never hurts!
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Never heard of the place. Guess its not a North East thing.

At this point you're beat. Throwing up will just wreak more havoc on your body after gastric dialiation. You can try to walk it off a bit and get the blood flowing to move digestion but eventually post prandial narcolepsy sets in and you just crash.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Are you just looking for sympathy or really in pain?

If the latter, trying to either burp or fart works for me. Try a drink with carbonation in it.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I drank a big glass of water and I'm laying down watching Bridget Jones' Diary. I feel the sleep coming on soon.....
  • mandersatx
    Options
    Buffets are triggers for me - especially Chinese, so I try to avoid them altogether. The mindset I take when I have to go to one is that I am paying to see every single thing the restaurant can make, so I can choose just the things that are absolutely the most appetizing & healthy, & whatever I choose has to fit (with space!) on one plate. Remember how bad you feel now the next time you go so you have a plan on how you can avoid feeling that way again.

I'll thumbs up sleeping it off and setting your alarm clock early to work it off in the morning.
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've done that before and it isn't a great feeling. Try to take a walk tonight to help aid your body in digesting some of the extra food, drink some water and get some sleep. Then do a workout in the morning to use up some of those extra calories. We all do it now and then. Don't worry about it and keep pushing the next day. Those days help us see how we used to eat and how we have changed and solidifies the new person you are becoming (at least for me it does).
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've done that before and it isn't a great feeling. Try to take a walk tonight to help aid your body in digesting some of the extra food, drink some water and get some sleep. Then do a workout in the morning to use up some of those extra calories. We all do it now and then. Don't worry about it and keep pushing the next day. Those days help us see how we used to eat and how we have changed and solidifies the new person you are becoming (at least for me it does).

This is exactly how I feel. It reminds me of how I used to eat and how my body isn't used to eating this way anymore which is why it's reacting like this right now. Remembering this feeling will definitely stop me from doing this again in the future.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/