An "Ah Ha" Moment

Options
My name is Annie and I am 67 years old and have been fighting the weight game since I was 18 and had my first child.
Over the years I had the most success with Weight Watchers joining in the 1970s and reaching "goal" with a 60 lb loss.
I rejoined at least twice after that spaced many years apart always needing to lose those 60 lbs. again.
I retired 6 years ago after working for 40 years and raising 2 children as a single mom and married my life time sweetheart at the same time I retired. I was really thin at that time but over the last 6 years I gained 35 lbs. In January of this year I decided I had to stop this once and for all as it was getting harder to lose the weight each time and life was really good now and why did I want to spoil that by all the weight/health problems. Also, I knew that my 50 year class reunion was going to be in September and since I hadn't seen any of these folks in 50 years I wanted to attend looking "HOT". A very good friend of mine and also my daughter both told me about Myfitnesspal. Well, here it is September and I am looking good! I have lost about 25 lbs and have a "hot" outfit for the reunion. I was thinking about the whole issue of weight management and it came to me (and I am sure to many of you) that managing your weight is like managing your finances. You know how much money you have to spend and what will happen if you overspend--just like you know how many calories you can eat and what will happen if you overeat. It also made me realize that you must continue to maintain your weight just like your finances for the rest of your life. Somehow that makes it seem so much easier to understand that weight loss is not a "project" but an on-going part of your life and that "maintenance" is not for a period of time but all time. To me, Myfitnesspal is absolutely the best possible way to manage your weight and I am so thankful that I was incouraged to join.

Replies