p90x, insanity, turbo fire, turbo jam, brazil butt lift???

Options
Hey Everybody!

I was wondering if anybody reccomends any of these exercise videos. I am interested in them but not sure which one is better, which one is right for me. Has anybody done p90x, insanity, turbo fire, turbo jam or brazil butt lift??? I like jillian michaels as well!! If youve done these exercises which did you like? what would you reccomend? did you get results?? HELP please :)
let me know what it did for you!!

Replies

• WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity, it's a really good program for losing fat, if you have the space to workout. I don't have a lot of space in my room and I have a low ceiling so, all the jumping and stuff would cause me to whack my head on the ceiling... but if you got space for it, I recommend it for fat loss.
  • shelbz09
    shelbz09 Posts: 115
    Options
    Thank you! Was it pretty hard to complete?
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I didn't complete it because of lack of space to do the exercises... but I can say it's pretty tough in the beginning, you'll really be sweating and breathing heavy until your body gets used to it.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Insanity and Asylum were both awesome programs. Although they do recommend that you be in-shape prior to doing the programs (at least walking or jogging a few times a week beforehand). Insanity is 6 days a week, it's sort of "at your own pace" though, which is why you don't need to be in incredible shape to complete it. You will get results from doing the prgram though.

I've heard great things about p90x too -- but I haven't personally done that one. Haven't heard about the others.
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Ok I've done turbo fire and jam which were really fun. You burn as much as you put into the exercise. So if you don't push yourself you won't burn as much like all home dvds. I preferred turbo fire to turbo jam. I'm doing insanity now, on week 1. It's a harder workout I think to the turbos bit I'm loving it. All are great cardio. I've got bbl but yet to do it
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've done Turbo Jam (just some of the workouts, not an entire TJ Program) and am doing TurboFire right now. I find Chalene to be very motivating, and the music is super fun. I also recommend ChaLEAN Extreme, which is a weights program with cardio and stretching too. I haven't tried the others, so I can't give my opinion on those!
  • DPruneda17
    DPruneda17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump. I've done P90x and Turbo Jam. P90x has some looong workouts. like an hour and a half. It's hard to get through the whole workout. And lots of pull-ups, which were impossible for me to do. Turbo Jam was to... bubbly? for me. Just like aerobics. I have been considering Insanity and Brazilian Butt Lift, so interested on others comments...
  • vynnette26
    vynnette26 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have done turbo fire, turbo jam, p90x, Insanity and Asylum. There are pro's and con's to them all. Out of all of them Insanity provided the quickest result but at a cost. If you have knee /joint problems, it was extremely difficult but I just modified the jumping part. Right now, I rotate thru them. So I don't follow the program. I do Insanity one day, p90x another and turbo fire the next.
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Chalene is definitely amazing. I'm finishing TurboJam next week and starting TurboFire on the 7th. So excited! I'm already down 40lbs and can't wait to see how TurboFire works for me! TurboJam, BBL, Power90 are considered more beginner programs. P90X, P90X2, Insanity, Asylum and TurboFire are more advanced. It really kind of depends on the types of workouts you like best and what your fitness goals are and how fit you are now.
  • chamgiggz
    Options
    The first time I was over 256 and I did P90x for 20 days, alone with eating right (almost) I manage to lost a good 15 lbs....I stop p90x and continued at thegym and reched 202...but now I gained about 30 lbs back, and just started doing Insanity today...I figure I will do Insanity for 60 days, Jillian Michels 30DS for 30 days then end with P90x...Insanity seem more to target fat loss, JM seem to target strenght and P90X to me is a combination of both...wish me luck..and Good luck to you too...oh and While I was doing P90x my brothers were also doing it and they are not FAT..and they mangage to lose 10-12lbs each ( they did the whole program):bigsmile:
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    i started off with brazil butt lift and really loved it.....it was fun, challenging at first but not too overwhelming.....was great to start off with and i liked the 5 different workouts....mixing it up each night kept things interesting.....after about 2 months tho, it was starting to get a little too easy, altho i still like it and do the workouts regularly, i bought p90x to up the challenge and the intensity.....i have been doing p90x for about 6 days now and i love it....i'm not taking any of the supplements or drinking the shakes etc.....just doing the workouts and following MFP for my calories....i don't have the pull up bar so i use bands....really enjoying it....i would recommend both but maybe start with the brazil butt lift to get a little more into shape so you have more success with the p90x or something more intense.....nothing worse than getting overwhelmed.....good luck....:)
  • Rogue_Minx
    Rogue_Minx Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity and completed the program (all 60 days). It does take a lot of space and there is a lot of jumping involved but it killed A LOT of the fat on my body pretty effectively. I did it before I started tracking food on MFP but Insanity helped me lose 20 pounds. LOVED IT! =)
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    When I did the first video for Insanity - The Fit Test - I thought I would lose my lunch. It took about 3 weeks to get through the routines without hitting the pause button. I did it every other day because it was so intense and I actually had other things to do a few nights per week. It took me 4 months to complete instead of 2.

It is a great workout - no weights at all - just calisthenics - will do it again when the weather keeps me inside more. This time when I do it I will worry more about doing the exercise with proper form rather than trying to keep up with the hard-bodies in the videos.

As for space, I did it in like an 8' x 8' area. Move the coffee table out of the way and have at it.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You might wanna check Tapout XT :D I'm loving it so far! My results are on my profile pic :wink: I'm doing ChaLean Extreme 3x/week with it. I did Insanity prior to Tapout XT :happy:
  • shelbz09
    Options
    Thanks for all the great feedback everybody!! Now I have so much that I need to look into! Lol :)
  • shelbz09
    Options
    Does anybody Know of a good Boxing type of a video to try??
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    Options
    The Turbo's are a lot of kickboxing style moves. Les Mills is coming out with the Combat program this fall.
  • Aventuria
    Aventuria Posts: 151
    Options
    Do you need any accessories for the workouts like dumbells or stretch-bands?
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    Options
    It really depends on the workout. For Turbojam, I use hand weights, a couple of bands and weighted gloves. The weighted gloves came with the program. TurboFire came with bands. Different workouts use different types of equipment.