Alli and SlimQuick

Options

Replies

• PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I had been on Alli and it does cause oily uncontrollable leakage in your office chair when you least suspect it.... that is all I am going to say!

So it's the same as the "Taco Bell Drive Thru" diet. :laugh:
  • Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed Alli (although it was not called that at the time) by my GP a couple of years back.

Let me tell you this, days out are really entertaining, just make sure you take several changes of underwear lol

It's much better (and less smelly) to just watch your fat intake, as all Alli does is punish you for eating fat, get a friend to poke you in the eye everytime you eat fat, this would work just as well.

Glad I was taken off them and would NEVER use them again.

BEWARE!
  • Kittany
    Kittany Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I took slimquick powder for a metabolism boost and to push hunger away. It worked, but I couldn't sleep at night while taking it. You want to build your metabolism, start working out and keep to it. It will get better and better. If you want to keep hunger away, eat more protein. I drink Special K protein water after breakfast. It helps a lot.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    wow a lot of negative views on Alli. i am a relative clean eater and try to avoid fat BUT there are times when i am craving something like pizza or a roast beef sub (today). i use Alli whenever i want to eat something like this. i dont have any problems with it, occasional cramps but nothing that overly irritating, to me its worth not gaining weight. i think it works great!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I had been on Alli and it does cause oily uncontrollable leakage in your office chair when you least suspect it.... that is all I am going to say!

So it's the same as the "Taco Bell Drive Thru" diet. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    wow a lot of negative views on Alli. i am a relative clean eater and try to avoid fat BUT there are times when i am craving something like pizza or a roast beef sub (today). i use Alli whenever i want to eat something like this. i dont have any problems with it, occasional cramps but nothing that overly irritating, to me its worth not gaining weight. i think it works great!!

After reading your post I was a little put off by your comment.... "its worth not gaining the weight" So why not just eat a normal portion and work it into your intake of food? It seems like you use this to "cheat" when this is not about cheating so much as it is about learning to eat correct portions of food. You seem to be in control of your situation but I felt I had to post for those of us who may not be.

Personally doesn’t this seem like it’s not really teaching you how to live healthy and within portion control but more of a way to not face the consequences of eating a lot of terrible food? We are all here because we had past behaviors that were not correct that led us to this place... I want to own what I did wrong correct my action and move forward. My personal thinking about these kinds of pills are to jump start your motivation to get you going... not to be used to erase slip ups in behavior. My two cents.

I’m sorry for using you as an example but I would be remiss if this type of thinking about weight loss was encouraged.
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I'm all set. I have learned that diet and exercise work. I don't need pills, particularly pills that cause anal leakage.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

After reading your post I was a little put off by your comment.... "its worth not gaining the weight" So why not just eat a normal portion and work it into your intake of food? It seems like you use this to "cheat" when this is not about cheating so much as it is about learning to eat correct portions of food. You seem to be in control of your situation but I felt I had to post for those of us who may not be.

Personally doesn’t this seem like it’s not really teaching you how to live healthy and within portion control but more of a way to not face the consequences of eating a lot of terrible food? We are all here because we had past behaviors that were not correct that led us to this place... I want to own what I did wrong correct my action and move forward. My personal thinking about these kinds of pills are to jump start your motivation to get you going... not to be used to erase slip ups in behavior. My two cents.

I’m sorry for using you as an example but I would be remiss if this type of thinking about weight loss was encouraged.

Wow. I have to agree. If you are relatively clean about eating then a slice of pizza or a roastbeef sub on occasion are not going to cause any weight gain. The Alli pill is designed to modify behavior, not help you cheat. I'm sorry to sound harsh, but it concerns me that someone would do that. Alli has been shown to cause liver and kidney damage along with some gastrointestinal problems. The effect of the sub seems far safer than that risk. I actually know someone who used the perscription form in that way (so she could eat bad foods without worring about gaining) She screwed up her metabolism and organs so bad that she was hospitalized. Please be careful. If you crave pizza, eat it and take an extra 30 minute walk or something. Again, not trying to be harsh, just really concerned.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I use slimquick and have since I started here. I take 2 in the am and 2 at lunch time. I feel that it makes me forget that I am hungry when I shouldn't be. I eat 1300 calories a day I exercise 4-6 days a week and I have found that with out it I think about food all day long. I also have tried a lot of other pills that have made me feel jittery and this one doesn't do that to me.

So, I guess for me it's the fact that with out it I think od food all day and so I take it to help me forget about food. Yeah I know expensive therapy but It has helped me drop 57 pounds so I'll take it.
  • CABERGLUND
    Options
    That is EXACTLY how I use Alli and I have never had a problem. I don't take three each day, only one or two and I usually have low fat meals the rest of the day. No gross stuff here.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    me too!:noway:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I'm all set. I have learned that diet and exercise work. I don't need pills, particularly pills that cause anal leakage.

WORD!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I use slimquick and have since I started here. I take 2 in the am and 2 at lunch time. I feel that it makes me forget that I am hungry when I shouldn't be. I eat 1300 calories a day I exercise 4-6 days a week and I have found that with out it I think about food all day long. I also have tried a lot of other pills that have made me feel jittery and this one doesn't do that to me.

So, I guess for me it's the fact that with out it I think od food all day and so I take it to help me forget about food. Yeah I know expensive therapy but It has helped me drop 57 pounds so I'll take it.

Congrats on the 57 lbs!!! I haven't heard any bad reviews on Slimquick.... So, I'm glad it is working for you! Thanks for sharing your experience!!! Keep up the good work! Just stay away from Alli!!! No leaky butt for me!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Congrats on the 57 lbs!!! I haven't heard any bad reviews on Slimquick.... So, I'm glad it is working for you! Thanks for sharing your experience!!! Keep up the good work! Just stay away from Alli!!! No leaky butt for me!!

thanks!! Yeah Alli doesn't sound to good to me either. I don't like having to change my daughters when they accidentally go in the panties I would hate to have to for me too. :noway: :sick: :sick:
  • kgrutch
    Options

Wow. I have to agree. If you are relatively clean about eating then a slice of pizza or a roastbeef sub on occasion are not going to cause any weight gain. The Alli pill is designed to modify behavior, not help you cheat. I'm sorry to sound harsh, but it concerns me that someone would do that. Alli has been shown to cause liver and kidney damage along with some gastrointestinal problems. The effect of the sub seems far safer than that risk. I actually know someone who used the perscription form in that way (so she could eat bad foods without worring about gaining) She screwed up her metabolism and organs so bad that she was hospitalized. Please be careful. If you crave pizza, eat it and take an extra 30 minute walk or something. Again, not trying to be harsh, just really concerned.

its not about portions, if i eat pizza its one slice, i think that is under control. its about the fat content, i am in the medical field and have not read any credible studies regarding alli and liver damage. the main side effect is GI side effects, it does not affect your metabolism, i would never take a stimulant or such. i am at my goal weight and feel great, obviously something that i do is working for me. it makes me feel better to take an alli when i eat these foods (it is occasionally) so why are people concerned? they actually use a similar product to lower cholesterol as well because it inhibits fat absorption thus lowering cholesterol levels. i think everyone has their own methods for weight loss, mine is working so i think that is great.
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options

its not about portions, if i eat pizza its one slice, i think that is under control. its about the fat content, i am in the medical field and have not read any credible studies regarding alli and liver damage. the main side effect is GI side effects, it does not affect your metabolism, i would never take a stimulant or such. i am at my goal weight and feel great, obviously something that i do is working for me. it makes me feel better to take an alli when i eat these foods (it is occasionally) so why are people concerned? they actually use a similar product to lower cholesterol as well because it inhibits fat absorption thus lowering cholesterol levels. i think everyone has their own methods for weight loss, mine is working so i think that is great.

Thats fantastic for you as I said in my original post... I just wished to say to those considering doing what you are doing (maybe some of us with behavior problems) that this would be a HORRIBLE idea to think was ok to fix the symptom and not the original problem.

By saying people do the same thing to lower colesterol is making my point... they do it to control a life threatening problem and you are doing it to "feel better" like you said in your post.

Im not here to knock you Im just saying I think that treating the problem that got the extra weight on in the first place is key... I dont think anyone disagrees.

Glad you are doing great!
  • ldupless
    ldupless Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hahah, right! That is the stupidest thing i have ever heard!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    So if you're in the medical field, you do realize that bodies need a certain amount of fat? I'm pretty sure no nutritionist in the world is going to recommend a fat free diet, or taking a pill that shoots any fat you do eat out at inconvenient times.
  • kgrutch
    Options
    seems like a lot of haters out there, just saying

i think positive energy is a whole lot more productive
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    This has been an entertaining thread to read. I have not taken Alli but I have taken the perscription version Xenical which has the same exact active ingredient. I stopped taking it when I started getting scared to eat because I was affraid of having "leakage". The truth is just because Alli is FDA approved does not make it healthy. There are health risks other than the leakage. Most of the studies were done on the perscription version Xenical which contains 120 milligrams of the active ingredient orlistat. Alli contains half that but still carries some of the same risks. One of which being that your body may be unable to absorb certain fat soluable vitamins. Both pills were meant for overweight people as an aide to lose exrta weight. It was never intended for people of normal weight. In my opinion I can't see why they would approve it for over the counter sale where there is little to no restrictions on who can purchase it. My opinion is if you are looking to use this drug research Xenical and Alli seeing as they are the same except for the dosage of orlistat.