24 Hours of Cardio Challenge

Options
Been looking at my log, and I've realized that for August so far, I have done about 23 hours worth of cardio; 21 walking and 2 tennis.

I figured this would make a good challenge for September. And if you have kept a log so far in August, you can join in for that, too, if you want.

It doesn't have to be 24 hours, either. You can set your own goal; try to make it just a little bit more than you think you can do right now. Announce your goal at the beginning of the month, or whenever you jump in.

Here is what does and doesn't count:

I'd like everyone to keep track of the time that they set aside specifically for exercise. However, if you decide to walk to the store instead of drive, that counts too, just don't count the walking inside the store while you are shopping. Make sense?

Lifting weights counts, but only if you are doing quick reps that keep the heart rate up. Basically, when you are doing lighter weights with little to no rest between sets.

Sports like tennis and basketball count.

If you have questions about anything else, let me know. ;)

I'll make sure to bump this back up at the beginning of September to remind you.

Replies

• thistimevictory
    Options
    I am in!!!

I plan for 24 hours of cardio as well. My cardio would be plain walking. And moreover I would like to convert these hours in minutes for ease of logging. so 1440 minutes for me.
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!

I plan for 24 hours of cardio as well. My cardio would be plain walking. And moreover I would like to convert these hours in minutes for ease of logging. so 1440 minutes for me.

Awesome. When you want to post an update, just do it like this:

"8/22--1 hr 59 minutes (or 119 minutes, if you prefer)
    8/23--54 minutes

Total to date: 23 hours 15 minutes (or 1395 minutes)"

I'll keep track on a spreadsheet, too, so don't worry if you lose track of your total; I can figure it out for you.
  • Alohathin
    Options
    Ok. Just about time to get this thing started. I'll be ending August with about 31 hours.

My goal for September is about the same, because I plan to add in some more jogging. So, same amount of time, more mileage. ;)
  • jesjosep
    jesjosep Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm in! But I am new on this site so I don't have anything to improve from. I'm going to say, about 15 hours, because I feel like a half hour a day is do-able for me.
  • Alohathin
    Options
    I'm in! But I am new on this site so I don't have anything to improve from. I'm going to say, about 15 hours, because I feel like a half hour a day is do-able for me.

Excellent! Good a place to start as any. ;)
  • desirae1976
    desirae1976 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just calculated my cardio time from this month so far and found out that I have done 23 hours. So I'm aiming for 30 in September.
  • Rosita1221
    Options
    I'm down for the challenge! 24 hrs in September. I just joined the gym so this should be a good motivator.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I'm down! I'm going to 'officially' aim for 15 hours of cardio in September, but will be keeping that 24 hours in mind!

I will be starting classes and hopefully a new job so until things get all settled, that sounds like a reasonable amount. If you do this in October too, I'll aim higher since my schedule will be much more available.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!

it's about 48 mins a day if you want to do it evenly

and i'm gonna try my damnest to do it!
  • Alohathin
    Options
    Awesome. I'm on the site every day, so I'll be updating regularly. I hope ya'll do to. ;)
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    flyingpurplemonkey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I'm in!

I got in about 18 hours for August, I think that 24 hours will be a good challenge for me.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Happy September 1st all! It's time to kick that cardio into gear!
  • Alohathin
    Options
    Happy September 1st all! It's time to kick that cardio into gear!

I just finished up my last August workout. Walked 100 miles for the month. I'm going for 120 in September.
  • Alohathin
    Options
    Ok, let's get those reports in. ;)

How's everyone doing so far? I'm heading out for my walk shortly, so I'll be updating that soon...
  • Alohathin
    Options
    09/01 -- 1 hour 28 minutes

MonthTotal -- 1 hour 28 minutes
  • pancake100
    pancake100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm joining too, I do alot of cardio even if it's just walking around the house. September 1st - 5 hrs
  • Alohathin
    Options
    I'm joining too, I do alot of cardio even if it's just walking around the house. September 1st - 5 hrs

Cool. So what is your goal for the month?
  • thistimevictory
    Options
    Hey all!!

I am doing good... pretty good actually :)

09/01 - 45 minutes
    09/02- 45 minutes

Total - 90 minutes
    I did not think I would do it ha ha ! Just hoping it continues!
  • Alohathin
    Options
    Hey all!!

I am doing good... pretty good actually :)

09/01 - 45 minutes
    09/02- 45 minutes

Total - 90 minutes
    I did not think I would do it ha ha ! Just hoping it continues!

Very nice! Keep it up. ;)
  • Alohathin
    Options
    09/01 -- 1 hour 28 minutes
    09/02 -- 1 hour 07 minutes

MonthTotal -- 2 hour 35 minutes