Coffee

Options
13»

Replies

• norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    either 2% milk, cream, or black. no sweetener.
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    a little bit of skim milk and splenda :) they do make "light" versions of creamers though.
  • FitXnX50
    FitXnX50 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Black coffee one day. Mocha (skim) the next. Sometimes just with nonfat choc. milk. On the higher-calorie days, coffee is my dessert too, or most of breakfast. The variety makes it seem like more food and makes me appreciate the different tastes.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I have one cup with tablespoon of sugar, 1/4 cup half and half -- 125 calories all worth it. If I want more or need to save calories, black coffee.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup skim milk and sugar-free vanilla syrup.
  • Thesurrealistdreamer
    Options
    I switched to making unsweetened vanilla soy lattes. I could not have my coffee without sugar or half and half, so I decided to cut out brewed coffee all together. In my previous attempts to get rid of the sugar and half and half, I would always slowly slip back into my sugar habit. I have been doing this for about a month now, and it has worked so much better. I don't even crave the sickly sweet coffee I used to have!
  • cherylf145
    Options
    I have worked to change the way I drink coffee. I learned to drink it with my Dad, that liked his with 2 heaping teaspoons of sugar and milk until it turned white.

I didn't drink it for years.. then started getting a large Starbucks about once a week.. too expensive, so I started buying a cup of french vanilla from our neighborhood gas station. Went from that to getting a kerig which I love! I went from french vanilla creamer and 2 heaping tsp of sugar.. to finally now.. no sugar and a little York Pepperment creamer. It is delicious and doesn't put a huge dent in my calories.

If you have to have a sweetner then stevia is a health choice with no calories. It doesn't have a bitter aftertaste.
  • Beyepo
    Beyepo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all that replied:) I will take all your suggestions and I will see what works best. Bla:drinker: ck seems to be the best :) We will see:) Again thanks for all your help:):drinker:
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to put skim milk in it, but I stopped buying cow's milk since we found out that my daughter has a dairy allergy. Now I use almond milk. You can get vanilla flavored and unsweetened. I sweeten mine with truvia.
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black most of the time. I use a french press coffee maker, decent beans when I can afford them, and add a little vanilla extract and cinnamon to the grounds. I used creamer today after a while drinking it black, and it was NOT worth the calories.
  • nancigayle
    nancigayle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Stevia vanilla extract. All natural. One drop flavors 16-20oz.
  • mochakat
    Options
    low fat milk, stevia and vanilla maybe to replace the vanilla creamer?

I personally just go with a splash of vanilla soy milk
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I just put a bit of milk in my coffee, no sugar. I use a cafetière (i think you call it a french press in the US?) usually and buy a decent coffee. If you have a good coffee you don't need to flavour it.