working out when sore

Options
I was just wondering what you all do when you don't want to workout because your muscles are tired or your sore? I have MAJOR motivation issues when this happens.

Replies

• familyfit
    Options
    I usually push through it and workout anyway. Mind over matter!
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    HOw sore and tried do you mean?
    If in pain, or ill, you shouldnt work out anyway.
    But if you mean that you have felt like you have done a workout, and you are just aching a bit, then i go anyway!

Everyday, i moan about going to the gym, and all the walk there i am moaning that i dont want to go because its too cold/too hot/ i'm too tired/ i deserve a break etc......but as soon as i go and get there, i enjoy it (i can actually say i enjoy )!!

Good luck!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    If you are sore its ok to workout as long as you didn't pull a muscle, but you should be doing different muscle groups or just cardio so if your legs are sore, you can do upper body weights, or some low intensity cardio... good luck! I always feel better after doing some cardio when I'm sore from lifting...

~Leash :heart:
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    Maybe you could try a low intesity work out and then take a really hot shower. :) I walk with a double jogging stroller usually about three miles, but if I'm feel sore I'll just go a mile. A little bit is better than nothing.
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    Thank you everyone, that was the kick I needed! :D
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I tend to work out anyways because I find that while I'm working out it tends to loosen those sore muscles and I feel better afterward.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Cool down stretches after your workout should help you feel less sore the next day. If you haven't done it, try it! :flowerforyou:
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I find that if I am sore that day i do some yoga or stretching. It tones the muscles as well as gives you a good stretch, but be careful that you haven't actually hurt yourself before trying to do any sort of movement including normal activities. You should always be careful working out even if its just walking though. Take it from that person who never listened and now has to live with it forever. haha