NSV - Wrist Bones

Options
Fenomka
Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
I know this probably seems silly, but I had to share. I've been big all my life, and so my wrists have always been really thick, and I've never really SEEN that little part of your wrist bone that's supposed to stick out when you bend your hand - until now!! I've lost over 55 lbs, now, most of it thanks to MFP, and all the support I've received on and off line, and in the last few weeks, I've REJOICED as I look down while using my keyboard, and catch a glimpse of that little shadow, telling me that there's a piece showing that didn't used to, because it was covered in fat.

It's one of my go to signs that the weight loss is working. Note, I've been able to see my right wrist bone for a while, now, and now I'm starting to be able to see my left one more, as well!!!

What is your small yet significant NSV?

Replies

• hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I was really shocked and surprised when I had to use a different notch on my watch. Was losing weight, but did not expect my wrists to get thinner.....
  • susiebear29
    Options
    well done you!!! :smile: mine was having to use a safety pin to do up my work trousers!!! have to get some smaller ones I think!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    That's not silly at all. (says the girl currently obsessing over having found a clavicle bone recently)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    There is something about losing weight in the wrist or neck that made me feel dainty for the first time in my life. I totally get how you feel. Plus, my husband putting his hand around my wrist and easily touched fingers, he is like"You are getting so little" haha
  • xprincessxjanetx
    Options
    you go girl! Thats fantastic and not at all silly
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I recently experienced the same discovery as I was driving. However it freaked me out at first! Now I'm ok with it. Also I've rediscovered my collar bone which I hadn't seen in ages. But one NSV that really threw me for a loop was the morning I woke up, put on my eyeglasses, and they fell off my face. I've lost so much weight in my face that I have to get them adjusted or get new ones.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    That is a great NSV! I look at my wrists too! I recently had to have a second link taken out of my watch. It was awesome!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    seeing the shocked look on my wife's face when she went from huggin me and barely being able to connect her hands to "OMG I can touch both of my elbows" O.o :happy:
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That's not silly at all. (says the girl currently obsessing over having found a clavicle bone recently)

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! Yay for Clavicle Bones!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I so know what you mean. Little tendons where my legs join my hips. My thighs seem too thin - I keep putting my hands down and they're not where I expect them. Ribs! And my belts don't fit. I have only lost 18 pounds, so it seems odd, but I'm still getting used to this new body.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! Yay for Clavicle Bones!!!

:smile:
  • NdBuk
    NdBuk Posts: 25
    Options
    Well done!

My wedding ring flew off my finger and across the room when getting changed this morning. Does that count?!
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Well done!

My wedding ring flew off my finger and across the room when getting changed this morning. Does that count?!

I'm having the same "problem". My wedding ring is ok but my engagement ring is pretty lose. Need to get it resized **really** soon.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Well done!

hellz yeah.. (as long as you found it again) :laugh:
  • nadiamode
    Options
    well done! i'm very happy with my newly-discovered wrists too. and fingers that suddenly look long and dainty!
    *thumbs up*
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My shoes don't fit as well as they used to, my feet shrank lol I can now also wear apple headphones, they used to never fit in my ear correctly and would just fall out, now I can wear them jogging!
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thats a great nsv. My biggest nsv to date was when I noticed I had collar bones. Keep up the good work
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hah! I'm not the only one that thinks finding "new" bones is super cool. Just this week I've been trying to figure out why the base of my thumb was hurting when it touched something. I finally figured out that the joint it really sticking out more. Reminded me of thumb injuries I would have in high school from serving volleyball. But, yeah, Bones in my hands, my elbow sticks out more, my collarbone and my ankles. Its awesome!
  • Motivatedforchange
    Options
    Collarbone!!!!! Ugh, I love my collarbones. When I first noticed I did a double take and was like whoa, that's really real right now lol.
  • bcerz811
    bcerz811 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Collarbone!!!!! Ugh, I love my collarbones. When I first noticed I did a double take and was like whoa, that's really real right now lol.

When I saw my collar bones and clavical in the mirror for the first time, I jumped up and down in my bedroom stark naked and yelled "I CAN SEE MY COLLAR BONES!!!!" over and over. My husband was in the next room and thought I was nuts...haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!