Help! Going to a Hibachi Restaurant

Options
So I am gonna be that girl who needs all the help at restaurants... Going to Japanese Hibachi Grill... what do I eat???

Replies

• marycayn
    Options
    Me too. I just went through the database and put together a dinner, clear soup, salad, veggies and shrimp. Under the food heading, click on database and type in Hibachi and you'll get some dinner ideas. Good luck
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Did you read this thread from a little earlier in the day?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/77961-help-we-are-going-to-japanese-tonight
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are into raw foods, but sashimi is the way to go if you want to have flavor and reduced calories. Sashimi is raw fish served without rice. Only shrimp, crab, and lobster are cooked; by cooked I mean they are flash frozen to kill the bad stuff. If you eat ginger slices to cleanse the palate, make sure it is white ginger. The pink ginger that is often served has tons of preservatives and calories in it as it is highly processed and pickled. If you like wasabi, make sure it is fresh wasabi grated from the actual root. Some restaurants serve powdered wasabi that is mixed with water to make a wasabi paste. The wasabi paste is full of sodium and calories!!!!! Another sauce to watch is soy sauce. Most good Japanese restaurants offer low-sodium soy sauce. It usually has a green cap on the bottle. Do not pour soy sauce directly onto your food. Ask for a small dipping bowl to pour soy sauce into and dip your food into it. This will reduce calories and sodium intakes.

Stick with fresh ingredients, not overly cooked foods, brown rice or at least steamed rice if brown is not available, and watch the sauces and dips and you should be good to go.