NOT COOL

Options
So one of my coworkers just came in right now and we were discussing my paper work. Then, he asked me if I had stopped going to the gym cuz it looks like I'm gaining weight. How is that even possible? I weigh less than when I originally started MFP and I've been doing insanity. So far my results are that I've lost an inch everywhere except I didn't lose in my arms and I lost half an inch in my hips so how do I look bigger? UGH!

Replies

• 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a giant D-O-U-C-H-E BAG!!!!

Has he always been cynical? Maybe he himself is overweight and sensitive to seeing others and their success?

I'd let that comment fly out the door where the rest of the unwarranted absoleutly retarded off the cuff comments go. You sound like your doing great so don't let that stupid employee derail your happy thoughts!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    The problem is that this is a coworker that I get along with. We usually conversate and are real cool with each other. I guess that's why it's bugging me so much.
  • julepgirl
    julepgirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Since you're friendly with the guy, maybe try to take it lightly - easier said than done, I know, but turn it into a joke. Next time you see him, say something like, "You know, I started worrying when you make the comment about my weight this morning, cause I have been working out still... so I weighted myself and - nope, not gaining weight. Must be all MUSCLE!!!!!!!" And start doing overdramatic flexing (i.e. Hanz and Franz) for him, and laugh it off.

Just chalk it up to him having an off day or something, and try not to take it to heart.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You should of took your shoe off right then and there and hit him across the head..
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You should of took your shoe off right then and there and hit him across the head..

I like you :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    He wants to hit it.

It's the equivalent of pulling a girl's pigtails in the playground and then running off as fast as your little legs can carry you...

Honestly, I don't know what is wrong with some men these days. It's far easier to say "Hey, let's go grab a drink after work."
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That's so rude. Ignore him.
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. If your cool with him I'd tell him to piss off and not take it to heart. He could've just been messing around.
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Girl don't even let it bother you! Some people just have no couth! Does he not know that he's treading thin ice by saying something like that to a woman?? Sounds to me like he wanted to get a reaction of some sort, so don't give him one! :)
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You need to tell him that is unacceptable. I had a co-worker who was always commenting on my weight. Up, down, whatever. Apparently in the culture where she's from, it's just another thing to talk about, like the weather. But I had to tell her that it made me feel very uncomfortable. Now we talk about more neutral subjects and life is good.
  • Lefty634
    Lefty634 Posts: 56
    Options
    Your doing Insanity? Just kick his butt!
  • Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Next time you see him comment that his sex change looks like it is going well...
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a jerk!! Who would ask a question like that anyway?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Who says something like that to someone, especially at work???
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a giant D-O-U-C-H-E BAG!!!!

Has he always been cynical? Maybe he himself is overweight and sensitive to seeing others and their success?

I'd let that comment fly out the door where the rest of the unwarranted absoleutly retarded off the cuff comments go. You sound like your doing great so don't let that stupid employee derail your happy thoughts!

what she said!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    The problem is that this is a coworker that I get along with. We usually conversate and are real cool with each other. I guess that's why it's bugging me so much.

maybe your outfit was baggy today? But, seriously. Not cool.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I agree...JERK....i like the playground analogy...probably fairly true, but seriously...no one should be that rude....It's football time...you need to drop back 10 yards and punt....aim for the dangley bits.
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How you respond could very well tell you how you are doing with your weight loss mentally. Use it as a learning tool. Can you honestly say that you are proud of where you are and the effort you have put in And not rely on what others think? This whole journey is more mental than physical..... If you are friends with him I would go to him and tell him that the rude comment that he made actually helped you realize that what others think doesn't matter to you.

Keep up the amazing work!
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Makes me wonder if he learned flirting techniques from watching Mad Men.

In all seriousness, though, let it roll off your back. Keep up the good work. And I would vote for the shoe-throwing option. :laugh:
  • themdg
    themdg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maybe he stopped going to the tact gym.